Set Up Your V650
Please do the setup in the Polar Flow web service. There you can fill in all the physical details required for accurate training data at once. You can also select language and get the latest firmware for your V650. To do the setup in the Flow web service, you need a computer with an Internet connection.
Alternatively, if you can't get to a computer with an Internet connection right away, you can start from the device. Please note that the device contains only part of the settings. To make sure you get to enjoy your V650 at its best, it's important that you do the setup in the Polar Flow web service later.
Set Up in the Polar Flow Web Service
- Go to flow.polar.com/start and download the Polar FlowSync software, which you need to connect your V650 to the Flow web service.
- Open the installation package and follow the on-screen instructions for installing the software.
- Once the installation is complete, FlowSync opens automatically and asks you to connect your Polar product.
- Wake your V650 by pressing the side button for couple of seconds.
- Plug V650 into your computer’s USB port with the USB cable. Let your computer install any USB drivers if it suggests so.
- The Flow web service opens automatically on your internet browser. Create a Polar account or sign in if you already have one. Fill in your physical settings precisely as they have an effect on calorie calculation and other Smart Coaching features.
- To finalize the setup, click Save. FlowSync starts syncing the data to your V650. Wait until syncing is completed before unplugging your V650. FlowSync status will change to completed, once the synchronization is done.
The languages you can choose in the Polar Flow web service are:Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, 简体中文, Русский, Suomi or Svenska.
Set Up from the Device
Plug V650 into your computer’s USB port or a USB charger with the cable that came in the box. Wake your V650 by pressing the side button. The first time you do this, your V650 will take you through an initial set up process.
- Start by choosing your language from the following options: Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Português, Suomi, Svenska, 日本語 or 简体中文. If your language is not visible, swipe up to scroll the list. Choose a language by tapping it. The field turns red. Confirm and continue to the following setting by tapping at the bottom of the screen.
- Units: Choose Metric (kg/cm) or Imperial (lb/ft) units.
- Use GPS time: If you want the V650 to read the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) from the GPS satellites, tick the box and choose the UTC Time Zone that is closest to you.
- Time of day: Change the time format by touching 12h/24h (1). The chosen time format is written in white. If you choose the 12h time format, also select AM or PM (2). Then enter the local time.
- Date: Enter current date.
- Sex: Select Male or Female.
- Height: Enter your height.
- Weight: Enter your weight.
- Date of birth: Enter your date of birth.
- To change your settings, tap at the bottom of the screen to return to the desired setting. To accept the settings, tap . The V650 enters the main view.
To get the most accurate and personal training data, it’s important that you’re precise with physical settings like your age, weight and sex.