The firmware of your V650 can be updated. Any time a new firmware version is available, FlowSync will notify you when connecting V650 to your computer with the USB cable. The firmware updates are downloaded via the USB cable and FlowSync software.
Firmware updates are performed to improve the functionality of your V650. They can include improvements to existing features or completely new features, for example.
HOW TO UPDATE FIRMWARE
To update the firmware of your V650, you must have:
- A Flow web service account
- Installed FlowSync software
- Registered your V650 in the Flow web service
Go to flow.polar.com/start, and download and install FlowSync software onto your computer and create your Polar account in the Polar Flow web service.
To update the firmware:
- Plug the micro USB connector into your V650, and plug the other end of the cable into your PC.
- FlowSync starts syncing your data.
- After syncing, you are asked to update the firmware.
- Choose Yes. New firmware is installed, and V650 reboots.
Before updating the firmware, the data from your V650 is synced to the Flow web service. Therefore you will not lose any data when updating.