To view and edit your general settings, go to Settings > General settings.There you'll find:
- Use GPS time
- Pin code lock
- Display backlight
- Automatic power off
- About V650
Tap to open the setting you want to change, and edit as you like. Confirm and return to previous menu by tapping .
In certain settings (e.g. UNITS), tap the field until you see the correct value.
Before taking a new sensor into use, it has to be introduced to your V650. This is called pairing and only takes a few seconds. Pairing ensures that the V650 receives signals from your sensor only, and enables disturbance-free training in a group.
Pair new device: Pair a sensor with your V650. For more information on pairing specific sensors, see Compatible Sensors.
Paired devices: View all the devices you have paired with your V650.
To remove pairing with a sensor:
1. Go to Settings > General settings > Pairing > Paired devices.
2. Tap the device you want to remove from the list and tap Remove pairing.
OFFLINE MAP AREA: Define the center point for the offline map area (450 km x 450 km).
- You can browse the map by swiping, and zoom in with a double tap and zoom out with a two-finger tap.
- Once you have defined the area, tap DOWNLOAD.
- Delete old maps? is displayed. A new offline map area selection will delete the previous maps. Choose CONTINUE to confirm the area selection. V650 returns to MAP SETTINGS.
- Synchronization required is displayed under OFFLINE MAP AREA. New offline map will be downloaded the next time you synchronize your V650 with the Flow web service via the FlowSync software.
MAP LAYERS: Choose Topographic, Bike routes and/or Favorite routes.
In Browse offline map, you can preview the downloaded map before starting a training session. To move the map to your current location, tap the compass needle in the upper right hand corner of the screen. When you browse away from your current location, the compass needle turns from red to white.
Use GPS time
If you want the V650 to read the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) from the GPS satellites, tick the box in USE GPS TIME field, and choose the UTC Time Zone that is closest to you.
Set the time of day.
If you want to change the time format, tap 12h/24h (image).The currently selected format is written in white. If you choose the 12h time format, also select AM or PM.
Set the date.
Choose: Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Português, Suomi, Svenska, 日本語 or 简体中文.
Choose metric or imperial. Set the units used to measure weight, height, distance and speed.
Pin code lock
Keep your training information safe by setting a PIN code on your V650. It's a handy way to make sure that only you have access to your training information.
Tap PIN CODE LOCK to turn the function on. Enter a four-digit PIN code and tap . Re-enter and tap to confirm.
The V650 will ask for your PIN code every time it is turned on.
If you forget your PIN code, you can do a Factory reset on your V650. It removes V650’s connection to your user account and deletes any saved data on it.
- Plug in your V650 to your computer’s USB port and go to Polar FlowSync software. The Polar FlowSync software transfers your training information to the Polar Flow web service.
- Go to Settings and choose Factory Reset.
- Go to the Polar Flow web service (flow.polar.com/V650) and repeat what you did when you first started using the product.
The function of the front light on the top edge of the V650 is to optimize your cycling security in dark conditions. It's an intelligent feature that you can set to turn on automatically when it gets dark and to turn off when it gets bright. Alternatively, you can manage it manually from the pull-down menu.
Manual: Manage the front light manually from the pull-down menu. Adjust the Blink rate* by dragging the slider.
Automatic: The V650 turns the front light on and off according to light conditions. Adjust the Activation level and the Blink rate* by dragging the slider.
Frontlight settings in pull-down menu
Tap to turn the front light on or off.
|Tap to set blink mode on or off.|
Tap to set the automatic front light on or off.
Manual: The backlight turns on each time you touch the screen, press a button, get a notification or an alarm. It remains bright for 15 seconds, then goes dim again.
Always on: The backlight is always on.
Automatic: The backlight turns on and off automatically according to light conditions when you're recording a session. In other modes it works the same way as manual backlight. You can adjust the Activation level by dragging the slider.
Automatic Power Off
Set On/Off: The power switches off automatically when you haven't touched the buttons/touch screen in 15 minutes (except when the V650 is recording a training sessions or in the pause mode).
Check the device ID, firmware version and HW model of your V650.