Smart Notifications (iOS)
The smart notifications feature allows you to get alerts about incoming calls, messages and notifications from apps onto your Polar device. You’ll get the same notifications on your Polar device that you get on your phone screen. The smart notifications feature is available for both iOS and Android.
Your Polar device needs to be paired with Flow app to receive alerts and notifications, and you also need to have the correct settings on your Polar device and phone.
After updating the firmware of your Polar device, you need to pair it with Flow app again in order for the smart notifications settings to appear. If you do not pair them again, the setting will not become visible.
Notifications are off by default. Set them on in Menu > Settings > General settings > Smart notifications.
- Choose On to receive notifications, and have the contents of the notifications shown the display.
- Choose On (no preview) if you don’t want to see the contents of the notifications on the display. You’ll just be informed that you’ve received a notification.
- Notif. do not disturb: If you want to disable notifications and call alerts for a certain period of time, set Do not disturb on. Then set the time period when Do not disturb is on (default 10 pm - 7 am). When Do not disturb is on, you will not receive any notifications or call alerts during the time period you have set.
The notification settings on your phone determine what notifications you receive on your Polar device. To edit the notification settings on your iOS phone:
- Go to Settings > Notification Center.
- Make sure the apps that you would like to receive notifications from are listed under Include and have their notification style set to Banner or Alerts.
You will not receive notifications from apps listed under Do Not Include.
Polar Flow mobile app
On the Polar Flow mobile app, the Smart Notifications feature is set off by default.
Set the Smart Notifications feature on/off in the mobile app as follows:
- Open the Polar Flow mobile app.
- Go to Devices.
- Under Smart notifications choose On (no preview) or Off.
- Sync your V800 with the mobile app by pressing and holding the BACK button of your V800.
- Smart notifications on or Smart notifications off is shown on your V800 display.
Whenever you change the notification settings on the Polar Flow mobile app, remember to sync your V800 with the mobile app.
When getting an alert, your Polar device will discreetly notify you by vibrating. When receiving a call, you can choose to answer, silence or decline it (only with iOS 8). Silencing just silences your Polar device, it won’t silence your phone. If a notification arrives during a call alert, it will not be shown.
During a training session you can receive calls, and get navigation directions (only with Google maps) if you have Flow app running on your phone. You will not receive any notifications (email, calendar, apps etc.) during training sessions.
Notifications can be dismissed manually or by timeout. Manually dismissing the notification also dismisses it from your phone screen, but timeout just removes it from your Polar device, and it will still be visible on your phone.
To dismiss notifications from the display:
- Manually: Press the BACK button
- Timeout: The notification will disappear after 30 seconds if you do not dismiss it manually
Do Not Disturb
If you want to disable notifications and call alerts for a certain period of time, set do not disturb on. When it is on, you will not receive any notifications or call alerts during the time period you have set.
Do not disturb is set on by default, and the time period is 10 pm – 7 am. You can change the time period from the General Settings on your Polar device.
When do not disturb is on, you’ll see an icon (a crescent moon) in the upper left corner of the V800 display to indicate that you cannot receive notifications.