Sport Profile Settings
Adjust the sport profile settings to best suit your training needs. In M460, you can edit certain sport profiles settings in Settings > Sport profiles. You can, for example, set the GPS on or off in different sports. A wider range of customization options is available in the Flow web service. For more information, see Sport Profiles in Flow.
There are six sport profiles on your M460 by default:
- Road cycling
- Indoor cycling
- Mountain biking
- Other outdoor
- Other indoor
In the Flow web service you can add new sports to your list, and sync them to your M460. You can have a maximum of 20 sports on your M460 at a time. The number of sport profiles in the Flow web service is not limited.
If you have edited your sport profiles in the Flow web service before your first training session,and synced them to your M460, the sport profile list will contain the edited sport profiles.
To view or modify sport profile settings, go to Settings > Sport profiles and choose the profile you want to modify. You can also access the settings of the currently selected profile from pre-training mode by pressing and holding .
- Training sounds: Choose Off, Soft, Loud or Very loud.
- Heart rate settings: Heart rate view: Choose Beats per minute (bpm) or % of maximum. Check HR zone limits: Check the limits for each heart rate zone. HR visible to other device: Choose On or Off. If you choose On, other compatible devices (e.g. gym equipment) can detect your heart rate.
- Bike power settings: Power view: Set how you want to view your power data (Watts (W), Watts/kg (W/kg) or % of FTP). Power, rolling average: Choose 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 second rolling average of power data. Set FTP value: Set your FTP (Functional Threshold Power) value. The setting range is 60 to 600 watts. Check power zone limits: Check your power zone limits.
Bike power settings are visible only if you have paired the sensor. For more information on calibration, see Polar LOOK Kéo Power Sensor Bluetooth® Smart.
- GPS recording: Choose Off or On.
- Bike settings: Wheel size: Set the wheel size in millimeters. For more information, see Measuring wheel size. Crank length: Set the crank length in millimeters. Used sensors: View all the sensors you have linked to the bike.
- Speed settings: Speed view: Choose km/h (kilometers per hour) or min/km (minutes per kilometer). If you have chosen imperial units, choose mph (miles per hour) or min/mi (minutes per mile). Check speed zone limits: Check the limits for each speed zone.
- Automatic pause sett.: Automatic pause: Choose On or Off. If you set the automatic pause On, your session is automatically paused when you stop moving. Activation speed: set the speed at which recording is paused.
- Automatic lap: Choose Off, Lap distance or Lap duration. If you choose Lap distance, set the distance after which each lap is taken. If you choose Lap duration, set the duration after which each lap is taken.
To use automatic pause or distance-based automatic lap, you must have the GPS function on or Polar Speed Sensor Bluetooth® Smart in use.
Please note that in a number of indoor sports, group sports and team sports profiles the HR visible to other devices setting is enabled by default. This means that compatible devices using Bluetooth Smart wireless technology, e.g. gym equipment, can detect your heart rate. You can check which sport profiles have Bluetooth broadcasting enabled by default from the Polar Sport profiles list. You can enable or disable Bluetooth broadcasting from sport profile settings.