The firmware of your M460 can be updated. Any time a new firmware version is available, FlowSync will notify you when connecting M460 to your computer with the USB cable. The firmware updates are downloaded via the USB cable and FlowSync software. Flow app will also notify you when new firmware is available.
Firmware updates are performed to improve the functionality of your M460. They can include improvements to existing features, completely new features or bug fixes, for example.
How to Update Firmware
To update the firmware of your M460, you must have:
- A Flow web service account
- Installed FlowSync software
- Registered your M460 in the Flow web service
Go to flow.polar.com/start, and create your Polar account in the Polar Flow web service and download and install FlowSync software onto your PC.
To update the firmware:
- Plug the micro USB connector into the USB port in the M460, and plug the other end of the cable into your PC.
- FlowSync starts syncing your data.
- After syncing, you are asked to update the firmware.
- Choose Yes. New firmware is installed (this may take some time), and M460 restarts.
Before updating the firmware, the most important data from your M460 is synced to the Flow web service. Therefore you will not lose important data when updating.