To view and edit your general settings, go to Settings > General settings
In General settings you'll find:
- Continuous HR tracking
- Pair and sync
- Flight mode
- Button lock
- Smart notifications
- Inactivity alert
- Training view color
- About your product
Continuous HR tracking
Turn the Continuous Heart Rate feature On or Off. For more information, see Continuous Heart Rate.
Pair and sync
- Pair and sync mobile device / Pair other device: Pair sensors or mobile devices with your M430. Sync data with Flow app.
- Paired devices: View all the devices you have paired with your M430. These can include heart rate sensors, running sensors and mobile devices.
Choose On or Off.
Flight mode cuts off all wireless communication from your M430. You can still use it, but you can't sync your data with the Polar Flow mobile app or use it with any wireless accessories.
Choose Manual lock or Automatic lock.In Manual lock you can lock the buttons by manually from the Quick menu. In Automatic Lock the button lock automatically goes on after 60 seconds if there is no user interactions with the device.
To be able to receive notifications and alerts from your phone to your M430 you need to set smart notifications on in Menu > Settings > General settings > Smart notifications.
In Smart notifications settings, you'll find:
- Notifications: Set the notifications On, On (no preview) or Off.
On: the contents of the notification is shown on the M430 display. On (no preview): the contents of the notification is not shown on the M430 display. Off (default): you will not get any notifications on your M430.
In the Polar Flow App, you can choose the apps from which you want notifications.
- Vibration feedback: Set the vibration feedback On or Off.
- Notif. do not disturb: If you want to disable notifications and call alerts for a certain period of time, choose Do not disturb on. Then set the time period when Do not disturb is on. When Do not disturb is on, you will not receive any notifications or call alerts during the time period you have set.
By default, Do not disturb is on between 10 pm - 7 am.
Set the inactivity alert On or Off.
Choose metric (kg, cm) or imperial (lb, ft). Set the units used to measure weight, height, distance and speed.
You can choose which language you use on your M430 during set up. Your M430 supports the following languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, 简体中文, Русский, Suomi, Svenska or Türkçe.
If you want to change the language on your M430, you can do it either in the Polar Flow web service or in the Polar Flow app.
Changing the language setting in the Polar Flow web service:
- In the Flow web service, click your name/profile photo in the upper right corner.
- Choose Products.
- Click Settings next to Polar M430.
- Find the Device language you prefer to use on your M430 from the drop down list.
- Click Save.
- Remember to sync the changed language setting to your M430.
Changing the language setting in the Polar Flow app:
- On your mobile device, open the Flow app and sign in with the Polar account that you created when you set up your M430.
- Go to Devices.
- Tap Device language under the Polar M430 to open the list of supported languages.
- Tap to choose the language you prefer, and then tap Done.
- Sync the changed settings to your M430 by pressing and holding the BACK button of your M430.
Training view color
Choose Dark or Light. Change the display color of your training view. When Light is chosen, the training view has a light background with dark numbers and letters. When Dark is chosen, the training view has a dark background with light numbers and letters.
About your product
Check the device ID of your M430, as well as the firmware version, HW model, A-GPS expiry date and the M430-specific regulatory labels.
Restart device: If you experience problems with your M430, you can try restarting it. Restarting the M430 will not delete any of the settings or your personal data from the M430. Press the START button and then choose Yes to confirm the restart.