At the end of the working life of the product Polar encourages you to minimize possible effects of waste on the environment and human health by following local waste disposal regulations and, where possible, utilizing separate collection of electronic devices. Do not dispose of this product as unsorted municipal waste.
Charging M430 battery
The M430 has an internal, rechargeable battery. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles. You can charge and discharge the battery over 300 times before a notable decrease in its capacity. The number of charge cycles also varies according to use and operating conditions.
Do not charge the battery in temperatures under 0 °C/ +32 °F or over +40 °C/ +104 °F or when the USB port is wet.
Use the USB cable included in the product set to charge it via the USB port on your computer.
You can charge the battery via a wall outlet. When charging via a wall outlet, use a USB power adapter (not included in the product set). If you use a USB power adapter, make sure that the adapter is marked with "output 5Vdc" and that it provides a minimum of 500mA. Only use an adequately safety approved USB power adapter (marked with "LPS", "Limited Power Supply", "UL listed" or “CE”).
Do not charge Polar products with a 9 volt charger. Using a 9 volt charger can damage your Polar product.
Before charging, make sure there’s no moisture, hair, dust or dirt on the M430’s USB port or charging cable. Gently wipe off any dirt and blow out the dust. You can use a toothpick if needed. Do not use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
To charge with your computer, just plug your M430 to your computer, and at the same time, you can have it synced it with FlowSync.
- Plug the USB connector into the USB port in the M430, and plug the other end of the cable into your PC.
- Charging appears on the display.
- When the battery icon is full, the M430 is fully charged.
Don't leave the battery fully discharged for a long period of time or keep it fully charged all the time, because it may affect the battery life time.
Battery operating time
The battery operating time is:
- up to 8 hours of continuous training with GPS and optical heart rate, or
- up to 30 hours of continuous training with GPS power save mode and optical heart rate, or
- up to 50 hours of continuous training with GPS power save mode and Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor, or
- when used only in time mode with daily activity monitoring, the operating time is approximately 20 days.
The operating time depends on many factors, such as the temperature of the environment in which you use your M430, the features and sensors you use, and battery aging. Smart notifications and frequent syncing with Flow app will also decrease the battery life. The operating time is significantly reduced in temperatures well below freezing. Wearing the M430 under your overcoat helps to keep it warmer and to increase the operating time.
Low battery notifications
Battery low. Charge: The battery charge is low. It is recommended to charge M430.
Charge before training: The charge is too low for recording a training session. A new training session cannot be started before charging M430.
Low battery notifications during training:
- M430 notifies you when there is enough battery life left for one hour in the training session.
- If Battery low is shown during training, the heart rate measurement and GPS are switched off.
- When the battery is critically low, Recording ended is shown. M430 stops the training recording and saves the training data.
When the display is blank, the battery is empty and M430 has gone to sleep mode. Charge your M430. If the battery is totally drained, it may take a while for the charging animation to appear on the display.