At the end of the working life of the product Polar encourages you to minimize possible effects of waste on the environment and human health by following local waste disposal regulations and, where possible, utilizing separate collection of electronic devices. Do not dispose of this product as unsorted municipal waste.
The M200 has an internal, rechargeable battery. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles. You can charge and discharge the battery over 300 times before a notable decrease in its capacity. The number of charge cycles also varies according to use and operating conditions.
Do not charge the battery in temperatures under 0 °C/ +32 °F or over +40 °C/ +104 °F or when the USB port is wet.
You can charge the battery via a wall outlet. When charging via a wall outlet, use a USB power adapter (not included in the product set). If you use a USB power adapter, make sure that the adapter is marked with "output 5Vdc" and that it provides a minimum of 500mA. Only use an adequately safety approved USB power adapter (marked with "LPS", "Limited Power Supply", "UL listed" or “CE”).
Do not charge Polar products with a 9 volt charger. Using a 9 volt charger can damage your Polar product.
Also make sure that you plug the M200 in to the adapter the right way, i.e. the four pins on the M200 USB connector must face the four pins in the USB power adapter.
To charge with your computer, just plug your M200 to your computer, and at the same time, you can have it synced it with FlowSync.
- Detach the device from the wristband.
- Plug your M200 in to your computer using the provided USB cable. Make sure that you plug the M200 in the right way (see the image below). If you plug the M200 directly to a computer's USB port, please make sure the M200's USB connector doesn’t bend. If the battery is completely empty, it takes a couple of minutes for the charging to start.
Let your computer install any suggested USB drivers.
Before charging, please make sure there’s no moisture, hair, dust or dirt on the M200’s USB connector. Gently wipe off any dirt or moisture.
- After syncing, a battery icon animation begins to fill up on the display.
- When the battery icon is full, the M200 is fully charged.
Don't leave the battery fully discharged for a long period of time or keep it fully charged all the time, because it may affect the battery life time.
Battery Operating Time
The battery operating time is:
- up to 6 days with 24/7 activity tracking and 1h/day training with GPS and optical heart rate measurement and without Smart Notifications on, or
- up to 6 hours continuous training with GPS and optical heart rate, or
- up to 40 hours continuous training with optical heart rate, or
- up to 30 days with 24/7 activity tracking without Smart Notifications.
The operating time depends on many factors, such as the temperature of the environment in which you use your M200, the features you use, how much the display is on and the battery's aging. The operating time is significantly reduced in temperatures well below freezing. Wearing the M200 under your overcoat helps to keep it warmer and to increase the operating time.
Low Battery Notifications
The battery charge is low. It is recommended to charge M200.
The charge is too low for recording a training session. A new training session cannot be started before charging M200.