You are here: Features > Smart Coaching Features > Smart Calories
The most accurate calorie counter on the market calculates the number of calories burned, with continuous HR tracking it is even more accurate. The energy expenditure calculation is based on:
- Body weight, height, age, gender
- Individual maximum heart rate (HRmax)
- Heart rate during training and during continuous HR tracking
- Activity measurement outside of training sessions and when you train without heart rate
- Individual maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max)
VO2max tells about your aerobic fitness. You can find out your estimated VO2max with the Polar Fitness Test. Available only with Polar H7 and H10 heart rate sensors.