Sport Profile Settings
Adjust the sport profile settings to best suit your training needs. In M400 you can edit certain sport profiles settings in Settings > Sport profiles. You can, for example, set the GPS on or off in different sports.
A wider range of customization options is available in the Flow web service. For more information, see Sport Profiles in Flow.
There are four sport profiles shown in the pre-training mode by default. In the Flow web service you can add new sports to your list, and sync them to your M400. You can have a maximum of 20 sports on your M400 at a time. The number of sport profiles in the Flow web service is not limited.
By default, in the Sport profiles you'll find:
- Other outdoor
- Other indoor
If you have edited your sport profiles in the Flow web service before your first training session,and synced them to your M400, the sport profile list will contain the edited sport profiles.
To view or modify sport profile settings, go to Settings > Sport profiles and choose the profile you want to edit. You can also access the settings of the currently selected profile from pre-training mode by pressing and holding .
- Training sounds: Choose Off, Soft, Loud or Very loud.
- Heart rate settings: Heart rate view: Choose Beats per minute (bpm) or % of maximum. Check HR zone limits: Check the limits for each heart rate zone. HR visible to other device: Choose On or Off. If you choose On, other compatible devices (e.g. gym equipment) can detect your heart rate.
- GPS recording: Choose Off or On.
Stride sensor: Choose Calibration or Choose sensor for speed. In Calibration, choose Automatic or Manual. In Choose sensor for speed, set the source for speed data: Stride sensor or GPS. For more information on Stride sensor calibration, See Polar Stride Sensor Bluetooth® Smart.
- Speed View: Choose km/h (kilometers per hour) or min/km(minutes per kilometer). If you have chosen imperial units, choose mph (miles per hour) or min/mi (minutes per mile).
- Automatic pause: Choose On or Off. If you set the automatic pause On, your session is automatically paused when you stop moving.
GPS recording must be turned on to use automatic pause.
- Automatic lap: Choose Off, Lap distance or Lap duration. If you choose Lap distance, set the distance after which each lap is taken. If you choose Lap duration, set the duration after which each lap is taken.
GPS recording must be turned on to use distance-based automatic lap.