To get the most accurate and personal training data, it’s important that you’re precise with physical settings like your training background, age, weight and sex, as they have an effect on calorie calculation as well as other Smart Coaching features.
Choose language is displayed. Press to choose English.
If you choose a language other than English, you will be guided to go to flow.polar.com/start to get the language. When taking M400 into use with the Flow web service, you can add another language during the setup. To add another language later, go to polar.com/flow and sign in. Click your name/profile photo in the upper right corner, choose Products, and then M400 Settings. Choose the language you want from the list, and sync with your M400. The languages you can choose are:Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, 简体中文, Русский, Suomi or Svenska.
If you choose English, Set up your Polar M400 is displayed. Set the following data, and confirm each selection with the Start button. If at any point you want to return and change a setting, press Back until you reach the setting you want to change.
- Time format : Choose 12 h or 24 h. With 12 h, select AM or PM. Then set the local time.
- Date : Enter the current date.
- Units : Choose metric (kg, cm) or imperial (lb, ft) units.
- Weight : Enter your weight.
- Height : Enter your height.
- Date of birth : Enter your date of birth.
- Sex : Select Male or Female.
- Training background : Occasional (0-1 h/week), Regular (1-3 h/week), Frequent (3-5 h/week), Heavy (5-8 h/week), Semi-Pro (8-12 h/week), Pro (12+ h/week). For more information on training background, see Physical Settings.
- Ready to go! is displayed when you're done with the settings, and M400 goes to time view.