Set Up Your M400
Please do the setup in the Polar Flow web service. There you can fill in all the physical details required for accurate training data at once. You can also select language and get the latest firmware for your M400. To do the setup in the Flow web service, you need a computer with an Internet connection.
Alternatively, if you can't get to a computer with an Internet connection right away, you can start from the device. Please note that the device contains only part of the settings. To make sure you get to enjoy your M400 at its best, it's important that you do the setup in the Polar Flow web service later.
M400 is delivered in storage mode. It wakes up when you plug it into a computer or a USB charger. If the battery is completely empty, it takes a couple of minutes for the charging animation to appear.
Set Up in the Polar Flow Web Service
- Go to flow.polar.com/start and download the Polar FlowSync software, which you need to connect your M400 to the Flow web service.
- Open the installation package and follow the on-screen instructions for installing the software.
- Once the installation is complete, FlowSync opens automatically and asks you to plug in your Polar device.
- Plug M400 into your computer’s USB port with the USB cable. M400 wakes up and starts charging. Let your computer install any USB drivers if it suggests so.
- The Flow web service opens automatically on your internet browser. Create a Polar account or sign in if you already have one. Fill in your physical settings precisely as they have an effect on calorie calculation and other Smart Coaching features.
- Start synchronization by clicking Done, and the settings will be synchronized between M400 and the service. FlowSync status will change to completed, once the synchronization is done.
The languages you can choose in the Polar Flow web service are: Bahasa Indonesia, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, 简体中文, Русский, Suomi, Svenska or Türkçe.
Set Up from the Device
Plug M400 into your computer’s USB port or a USB charger with the cable that came in the box. Choose language is displayed. Press to choose English.Your M400 is delivered with English only, but you can add other languages when doing the setup in the Polar Flow web service later.
Set the following data, and confirm each selection with the Start button. If you want to return and change a setting at any point, press Back until you reach the setting you want to change.
- Time format : Choose 12 h or 24 h. With 12 h, select AM or PM. Then set the local time.
- Date : Enter the current date.
- Units : Choose metric (kg, cm) or imperial (lb, ft) units.
- Weight : Enter your weight.
- Height : Enter your height.
- Date of birth : Enter your date of birth.
- Sex : Choose Male or Female.
- Training background : Occasional (0-1 h/week), Regular (1-3 h/week), Frequent (3-5 h/week), Heavy (5-8 h/week), Semi-Pro (8-12 h/week), Pro (12+ h/week). For more information on training background, see Physical Settings.
- Ready to go! is displayed when you're done with the settings, and M400 goes to time view.