Start a training session
- Wear your watch and tighten the wristband.
- To enter the pre-training mode, press and hold OK in time view or press BACK to enter the main menu and choose Start training
From the pre-training mode, you can access quick menu by tapping the icon or with the LIGHT button. The options displayed in the quick menu depend on the sport you have chosen and whether you are using GPS.
You can, for example, choose a favorite training target or route you want to perform and add timers to your training views. For more information, see Quick menu.
After your choice the watch returns to the pre-training mode.
- Browse to your preferred sport.
- Stay in the pre-training mode until the watch has found your heart rate and the GPS satellite signals (if applicable to your sport) to make sure your training data is accurate. To catch GPS satellite signals, go outdoors and away from tall buildings and trees. Keep your watch still with the display upwards and avoid touching the watch during the GPS signal search.
If you have paired an optional Bluetooth sensor with your watch, the watch will automatically start searching for the sensor signal as well.
The circle around the GPS icon will turn green when the GPS is ready. The watch notifies you with a sound and vibration.
The watch has found your heart rate when your heart rate is shown.
When you're wearing a Polar heart rate sensor that's paired with your watch, the watch automatically uses the connected sensor to measure your heart rate during training sessions. A blue circle around the heart rate symbol indicates that your watch uses the connected sensor to measure your heart rate.
- When all signals are found, press OK to start training recording.
See During Training for more information on what you can do with your watch during training.
Start a planned training session
You can plan your training and create detailed training targets in the Polar Flow app or the Polar Flow web service and sync them to your watch.
To start a planned training session scheduled for the current day:
- Enter the pre-training mode by pressing and holding OK in time view.
- You'll be prompted to start a training target you've scheduled for the day.
- Press OK to view the target information.
- Press OK to return to pre-training mode, and choose the sport profile you want to use.
- When the watch has found all the signals, press OK. Recording started is displayed and you can start training.
Your watch will guide you towards completing your target during training. See During Training for more information.
Your planned training targets will also be included in the FitSpark training suggestions.
Start a Multisport Training Session
Multisport allows you to include multiple sports in one training session, and seamlessly switch between sports without interrupting your training recording. During a multisport training session your transition times between sports are automatically monitored, allowing you to see how long it took you to switch from one sport to another.
There are two different ways to perform a multisport training session: fixed multisport and free multisport. In a fixed multisport (multisport profiles in the Polar sports list) like triathlon, the order of the sports is fixed, and they must be performed in that specific order. In free multisport, you can choose what sports you perform and in which order you perform them by selecting them from the sport list. You can also switch back and forth between sports.
Before starting a multisport training session, make sure that you have set the sport profile settings for each of the sports that you are going to use for the training session. For more information, see Sport profiles in Flow.
- Press BACK to enter the main menu, choose Start training, and then browse to a sport profile. Choose Triathlon, Free multisport or any other multisport profile (can be added in the Flow web service).
- Once your watch has found all the signals, press OK. Recording started is displayed and you can start training.
- To change the sport press BACK to go to transition mode.
- Choose your next sport, and press OK (your transition time is shown) and continue training.