Requirements and recommended setup
Here’s an overview of what’s needed to run classes with Polar Club:
- Polar Club account
- A computer with internet connection to access the Polar Club web service and the Polar Flow web service
- iPad Air with iOS 10 or later, and reliable and fast mobile data or Wi-Fi connection
- Polar Club app downloadable from the App Store
- Compatible Polar heart rate sensors and straps. The Polar Club app is compatible with several Polar heart rate sensors and fitness trackers. Please see the list of compatible Polar heart rate sensors and fitness trackers on the support page.
- iPad for instructor use
With this iPad, the instructor starts the training session. It's also the instructor's window to the exercisers' heart rates during the session
- Video projector or TV
If you want the exercisers to see their heart rates while training, attach this iPad to a video projector or TV with a compatible cable and/or adapter. If you want to use Apple TV and AirPlay, follow iPad's guidance.
- Online sign-up
Online sign-up gives your members the option to sign up for classes through the Flow web service up to one week beforehand. You can enable/disable the online sign up option in the Polar Club web service under Club settings.
- One or two iPads for customer sign in at club reception
Consider having separate iPads for the members who already have a Polar account, and for the members who need to create a Polar account before signing in to classes. This way you avoid lines in the club reception and give the members more privacy to create their account.