Troubleshooting Polar Equine Healthcheck
If your Polar Equine heart rate monitor is not working as it should, please go through the following troubleshooting steps before contacting Polar Customer care.
You can view the horse’s heart rate on the Polar Equine app on your Android phone. Check out the Polar Equine app compatibility and requirements.
Alternatively, you can view the horse’s heart rate on a compatible Polar training device. See all H10 compatible Polar training devices from What sensors and accessories is my Polar training computer compatible with?
If pairing does not work, check that bluetooth on the receiving device is enabled.
When pairing, make sure you are far (10 m/ 33 ft) from other Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor users.
The battery lifetime of Polar H10 is about 400 hours. See a tutorial video for instructions on how to change the H10 battery.
Exit the application and remove the Polar H10 heart rate sensor from the belt. Wait 30 seconds, place the sensor back and start the application.
To reset your heart rate sensor:
- Remove the battery.
- Press the metal snaps that attach to the strap with your fingers for at least 10 seconds.
- Wait 30 seconds and then put the battery back in.
After the reset you need to pair the sensor with your receiving application or training device again.
If possible, try if the heart rate sensor works with some other compatible application or with some other compatible device
- Make sure that the strap is firmly against the horse.
- Make sure that the horse’s hair is thoroughly moistened from the heart rate measurement area.
- If your horse has long or thick hair, you can clip it from the heart rate measurement area. This greatly improves the heart rate signal quality.
- Accumulated sweat and dirt may interfere with the measurement of the signal from the heart to the transmitter. Check if the strap needs cleaning.
If these tips didn’t help, please contact Polar Customer Care with a detailed problem description.