What is ANT+™ in Polar products?
ANT+™ is a wireless transmission protocol like Bluetooth®, but it does not require pairing like Bluetooth does. When you send ANT+ signal the nearest compatible ANT+ receiver is able to pick it up.
Polar heart rate sensors H9, H10, OH1 and Verity Sense are compatible with ANT+ starting from these firmware versions:
- H9: any version
- H10: 3.0.35 or newer
- OH1: 2.0.8 or newer
- Verity Sense: any version
To see if your sensor is ANT+ compatible already from the factory, check the unit for an ANT+ logo:
Polar sensors send your heart rate signal via Bluetooth and ANT+ and H9/H10 also via 5 kHz GymLink, at the same time. This is handy if you want to see your heart rate also with ANT+ cycling computers and gym equipment for example.
ANT+ HR transmission is on by default. You can turn it off in the Polar Flow mobile app.
- Go to Devices and choose Polar Verity Sense if you have more than one Polar device.
- Toggle off ANT+.
You can turn it on again later, if you want. Having it on doesn't really affect battery life, but it does make your heart rate visible to any ANT+ devices nearby.
Good to know
- ANT+ does not work under water.
- When you replace batteries in the H9/H10 sensor, the ANT+ setting resets to default setting, ie. on.
- To see the ANT+ setting in Beat, keep your app up-to-date.