How do I start using my Ignite?
To wake up and charge your watch, plug it into a powered USB port or a USB charger with the custom cable that came in the box. The cable magnetically snaps into place, just make sure to align the ledge on the cable with the slot on your watch (marked with red). Please note that it may take a while for the charging animation to appear on the display. We recommend that you charge the battery before you start using your watch. See Battery for detailed information on charging the battery.
To set up your watch, choose your language and preferred setup method. The watch gives you three options for setup: Browse to the option most convenient for you by swiping the display up or down. Tap the display to confirm your selection.
A. On your phone: Mobile setup is convenient if you don't have access to a computer with a USB port, but it might take longer. This method requires an internet connection.
B. On your computer: Wired computer setup is quicker and you can charge your watch at the same time, but you need a computer available. This method requires an internet connection.
The A and B options are recommended. You can fill in all the physical details required for accurate training data at once. You can also choose your language and get the latest firmware for your watch.
C. On your watch: If you don't have a compatible mobile device and can't get to a computer with an internet connection right away, you can start from the watch. Please note that when you do the setup from the watch, your watch is not yet connected with Polar Flow. It’s important that you do the setup later via option A or B to get the latest firmware updates to your Ignite. In Flow you can also see a detailed analysis of your training, activity and sleep data.
Option A: Set up with a phone and Polar Flow app
Please note that you have to do the pairing in the Flow app and NOT in your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Keep your watch and phone close to each other during setup.
- Make sure your phone is connected to the internet and turn on Bluetooth.
- Download the Polar Flow app from the App Store or Google Play on your phone.
- Open the Flow app on your phone.
- The Flow app recognizes your watch nearby and prompts you to start pairing it. Tap the Start button on the Flow app.
- When the Bluetooth Pairing Request confirmation message appears on your phone, check that the code shown on your phone matches the code shown on your watch.
- Accept the Bluetooth pairing request on your phone.
- Confirm the pin code on your watch by tapping the display.
- Pairing done is displayed once the pairing is completed.
- Sign in with your Polar account or create a new one. We’ll walk you through the sign-up and setup within the app.
When you’re done with the settings, tap Save and sync and your settings are synced to your watch.
If you're prompted to update the firmware, please plug your watch into a power source to ensure a flawless update operation, and then accept the update.
Option B: Set up with your computer
- Go to flow.polar.com/start and download and then install the Polar FlowSync data transfer software onto your computer.
- Sign in with your Polar account or create a new one. Plug your watch into your computer's USB port with the custom cable that came in the box. We’ll walk you through the sign-up and setup within the Polar Flow web service.
Option C: Set up from the watch
Adjust the values by swiping the display and tap to confirm your selection. If you want to return and change a setting at any point, press BACK until you reach the setting you want to change.
Please note that when you do the setup from the watch, your watch is not yet connected with Polar Flow. Firmware updates for your watch are available only through Polar Flow. To make sure you get to enjoy your watch and the unique Polar features at their best, it’s important that you do the setup later in the Polar Flow web service or with the Polar Flow mobile app by following the steps in option A or B.