At the end of the working life of the product Polar encourages you to minimize possible effects of waste on the environment and human health by following local waste disposal regulations and, where possible, utilizing separate collection of electronic devices. Do not dispose of this product as unsorted municipal waste.
Charging the battery
Before charging, please make sure there’s no moisture, dust or dirt on the charging contacts of your watch and cable. Gently wipe off any dirt or moisture. Do not charge the watch when it’s wet.
Your watch has an internal, rechargeable battery. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles. You can charge and discharge the battery over 500 times before a notable decrease in its capacity. The number of charge cycles also varies according to use and operating conditions.
Do not charge the battery in temperatures under 0 °C/ +32 °F or over +40 °C/ +104 °F or when the USB port is wet.
Use the USB cable included in the product set to charge it via the USB port on your computer. You can also charge the battery via a wall outlet. When charging via a wall outlet, use a USB power adapter (not included in the product set).
You can charge the battery via a wall outlet. When charging via a wall outlet, use a USB power adapter (not included in the product set). If you use a USB power adapter, make sure that the adapter is marked with "output 5Vdc" and that it provides a minimum of 500mA. Only use an adequately safety approved USB power adapter (marked with "LPS", "Limited Power Supply", "UL listed" or “CE”).
To charge with your computer, just plug your watch to your computer, and at the same time, you can have it synced it with FlowSync.
- To charge your watch, plug it into a powered USB port or a USB charger with the custom cable that came in the box. The cable magnetically snaps into place, just make sure to align the ledge on the cable with the slot on your watch (marked with red).
- Charging appears on the display.
- When the battery icon is full, the watch is fully charged.
Don't leave the battery fully discharged for a long period of time or keep it fully charged all the time, because it may affect the battery life time.
Battery status and notifications
Battery status symbol
The battery status symbol is shown when you turn your wrist to look at the watch, press the button in time view, or return to time view from the menu. There is also a battery status icon in the Quick settings menu, which shows how much charge is left on the battery as a percentage.
- When the battery charge is low, Battery low. Charge is show in time mode. It is recommended to charge the watch.
- Charge before training is shown if the charge is too low for recording a training session.
Low battery notifications during training:
- Battery low is shown when the battery charge is getting low. The notification is repeated if the charge gets too low for measuring heart rate and GPS data and the heart rate measurement and GPS are switched off.
- When the battery is critically low, Recording ended is shown. Your watch stops the training recording and saves the training data.
When the display is blank, the battery is empty and your watch has gone to sleep mode. Charge your watch. If the battery is totally drained, it may take a while for the charging animation to appear on the display.
The operating time depends on many factors, such as the temperature of the environment in which you use your watch, the features and sensors you use, and battery aging. Frequent syncing with Flow app will also decrease the battery life. The operating time is significantly reduced in temperatures well below freezing. Wearing the watch under your overcoat helps to keep it warmer and to increase the operating time.