Race Pace (Grit X/Vantage)
The race pace feature helps you keep a steady pace and achieve your target time for a set distance. Define a target time for the distance - 45 minutes for a 10k run for example and follow how far behind or ahead you are compared to your pre-set target.
Race pace can be set on your Grit X/Vantage, or you can also set a race pace target in the Flow web service and sync it to your watch.
If you have scheduled race pace target for that day, Grit X/Vantage suggests you to start it when entering pre-training mode.
Create a race pace target on your Grit X/Vantage
You can create race pace target from the Quick menu in pre-training mode.
- Enter pre-training mode by pressing and holding OK in time view or by pressing BACK to enter the main menu and choose Start training
- In pre-training mode tap the Quick menu icon (Grit X/Vantage/Vantage V2) or press the LIGHT button.
- Choose Race pace from the list and set the distance and duration. Press OK to confirm. The watch displays the pace/speed required to meet your target time and then returns to pre-training mode where you can start the training session.
Create a race pace target in the Flow web service
- In the Flow web service, go to Diary, and click Add > Training target.
- In Add training target, choose Sport, enter a Target name (maximum 45 digits), Date and Time and any Notes (optional) you want to add.
- Choose Race Pace.
- Fill in two of the following values: Duration, Distance or Race Pace. You get the third one automatically.
- Click Add to favorites to add the target to your list of favorites, if you want.
- Click Save to add the target to your Diary.
Sync the target to your watch via FlowSync, and your ready to go.