How do I start using my Grit X/Vantage M/Vantage V?
To wake up and charge your watch, plug it into a powered USB port or a USB charger with the custom cable that came in the box. The cable magnetically snaps into place, just make sure to align the ledge on the cable with the slot on your watch (marked with red). Please note that it may take a while for the charging animation to appear on the display. We recommend that you charge the battery before you start using your watch. Alternatively, you can wake up your watch by pressing and holding OK for 4 seconds.
To set up your watch, choose your language and preferred setup method. The watch gives you three options for setup: Browse to the option most convenient for you with UP/DOWN and confirm your selection with OK.
A. Mobile setup is convenient if you don't have access to a computer with a USB port, but it might take longer. This method requires an Internet connection.
B. Wired computer setup is quicker and you can charge your watch at the same time, but you need a computer available. This method requires an internet connection.
The A and B options are recommended. You can fill in all the physical details required for accurate training data at once. You can also choose language and get the latest firmware for your watch.
C. If you don't have a compatible mobile device and can't get to a computer with an internet connection right away, you can start from the watch. Please note that when you do the setup from the watch, your watch is not yet connected with Polar Flow. Firmware updates for your watch are available only through Polar Flow. To make sure you get to enjoy your watch and the unique Polar features at their best, it’s important that you do the setup later in the Polar Flow web service or with the Polar Flow mobile app by following the steps in option A or B.
Option A: Set up with a mobile device and Polar Flow app
Please note that you have to do the pairing in the Flow app and NOT in your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet and turn on Bluetooth.
- Download the Polar Flow app from the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device.
- Open the Flow app on your mobile device.
- The Flow app recognizes your watch nearby and prompts you to start pairing it. Tap the Start button.
- When the Bluetooth Pairing Request confirmation message appears on your mobile device, check that the code shown on your mobile device matches the code shown on your watch.
- Accept the Bluetooth pairing request on your mobile device.
- Confirm the pin code on your watch by pressing the OK.
- Pairing done is displayed once the pairing is completed.
- Sign in with your Polar account or create a new one. We’ll walk you through the sign-up and setup within the app.
When you’re done with the settings, tap Save and sync and your settings are synced to your watch.
Option B: Set up with your computer
- Go to flow.polar.com/start and download and then install the Polar FlowSync data transfer software to your computer.
- Sign in with your Polar account or create a new one. We’ll walk you through the sign-up and setup within the Polar Flow web service.
Option C: Set up from the watch
Adjust the values with UP/DOWN and confirm each selection with OK. If you want to return and change a setting at any point, press BACK until you reach the setting you want to change.
When you do the setup from the watch, your watch is not yet connected with the Polar Flow web service. Firmware updates for your watch are available only through Polar Flow. To make sure you get to enjoy your watch and the unique Polar Smart Coaching features at their best, it's important that you do the setup later in the Polar Flow web service or with the Flow mobile app by following the steps in option A or B.