Polar Grit X User Manual
This user manual helps you get started with your new watch. To see video tutorials and FAQs, go to support.polar.com/en/grit-x.
Congratulations on your new Polar Grit X!
The Polar Grit X outdoor watch is a lightweight but durable multisport watch for trail running, mountain biking, hiking – for all your outdoor sports.
Take your training to new highs and optimize your performance with Polar Grit X, the outdoor watch designed for the moments when the road is not enough and new goals are waiting off the beaten track. It comes with built-in GPS, compass and altimeter, and Polar’s unique training features.
With Polar Grit X and Hill Splitter™, you’ll know how you performed on the uphill and downhill sections of your session. You get detailed data about the elevation profile of your training session, and you’ll be able to compare hill stats between different sessions. Hill Splitter™ automatically detects all uphills and downhills by using your speed, distance and altitude data. It shows you detailed insights into your performance, such as distance, speed, ascent and descent, for every detected hill on your course.
Stay energized throughout your session with the new FuelWise™ fueling assistant. FuelWise™ reminds you to refuel and helps you maintain adequate energy levels during your long sessions. See how your body uses different energy sources during a training session. Polar Grit X divides your energy usage into carbs, proteins and fats.
Stay on the right path with Polar Grit X and Komoot. When you’re pushing your limits off the beaten track, knowing your way is vital. With Polar Grit X, you can import routes from Polar Flow or from Komoot and follow the real-time route guidance on your watch. When you import your route directly from Komoot, you get detailed turn-by-turn route guidance.
Additional feature highlights include:
- Advanced wrist-based heart rate with the Precision Prime™ sensor fusion technology.
- Detailed weather data straight on your watch. Check current weather info and a 2-day forecast straight on your watch.
- The FitSpark™ training guide makes sure you’re prepared for your pursuit to conquer the trails with ready-made daily workouts that match your recovery, readiness and training history.
- See how well you recover from your day during the night with Nightly Recharge™.
- Get a more comprehensive insight into the intensity of your running sessions with Running power.
- The Swimming metrics feature on Polar Grit X automatically detects your heart rate, swimming style, distance, pace, strokes and rest times. Distance and strokes get tracked also in open water swimming.
- Stay connected with Phone notifications from your mobile. Get alerts for incoming calls, messages, emails, calendar events and more.
- Make your runs and rides more exciting with Strava Live Segments. Get alerts about nearby segments, see real-time performance data during a segment and check your results right after you finish.
- Polar Grit X supports over 130 different sports. Add your favorite sports to your sports watch in Polar Flow.
We are continuously developing our products for better user experience. To keep your watch up to date and get the best performance, always make sure to update the firmware whenever a new version is available. The firmware updates enhance the functionality of your watch through new features and improvements.
Take full advantage of your Grit X
Get connected to the Polar ecosystem and get the most out of your watch.
Polar Flow App
Get the Polar Flow app from the App Store® or Google PlayTM. Sync your watch with the Flow app after training, and get an instant overview and feedback on your training results and performance and let all your friends know about your achievements. In the Flow app you can also check how you’ve slept and how active you’ve been during the day.
Polar Flow web service
Sync your training data to the Polar Flow web service with the FlowSync software on your computer or via Flow app. In the web service you can plan your training, track your achievements, get guidance and see detailed analysis of your training results, activity and sleep. Let all your friends know about your achievements, find fellow exercisers and get motivation from your social training communities.
Find all this at flow.polar.com