Battery: 3 x AAA 1.5 V alkaline batteries
Maximum weighing capacity: 180 kg (397.8 lb)
Weight display resolution: 0.1 kg / 0.2 lb
Operating temperature: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
The Polar Balance scale uses three AAA 1.5 V alkaline batteries. Please use the provided batteries. When you need to change them, do not use rechargeable batteries or mix old and new batteries.
- Open the battery cover, and remove the old batteries.
- Place the new batteries into place so that the + (positive) and - (negative) ends are aligned correctly.
- Close the cover.
For safety reasons, please make sure you use the correct battery type.
During the two-year guarantee/warranty period we recommend that you have service, other than battery replacement, done by an authorized Polar Service Center only. The warranty does not cover damage or consequential damage caused by service not authorized by Polar Electro. For contact information and all Polar Service Center addresses, visit www.polar.com/support and country-specific websites.
Polar products (training devices, activity trackers and accessories) are designed to indicate the level of physiological strain and recovery during and after exercise session. The Polar training devices and activity trackers measure heart rate and/or tell your activity. The Polar training devices with an integrated GPS show speed, distance and location. With a compatible Polar accessory the Polar training devices show speed and distance, cadence, location and power output. See www.polar.com/en/products/accessories for a complete list of compatible accessories. The Polar training devices with a barometric pressure sensor measure altitude and other variables. No other use is intended or implied. The Polar training device should not be used for obtaining environmental measurements that require professional or industrial precision.
Minimizing risks when exercising: Exercise may include some risk. Before beginning a regular exercise program, it is recommended that you answer the following questions concerning your health status. If you answer yes to any of these questions, we recommend that you consult a doctor before starting any training program.
- Have you been physically inactive for the past 5 years?
- Do you have high blood pressure or high blood cholesterol?
- Are you taking any blood pressure or heart medication?
- Do you have a history of breathing problems?
- Do you have symptoms of any disease?
- Are you recovering from a serious illness or medical treatment?
- Do you use a pacemaker or other implanted electronic device?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you pregnant?
In addition to exercise intensity, medications for heart conditions, blood pressure, psychological conditions, asthma, breathing, etc., as well as some energy drinks, drugs, alcohol, and nicotine may also affect heart rate. It is important to be sensitive to your body’s responses during exercise. If you feel unexpected pain or excessive fatigue when exercising, it is recommended that you stop the exercise or continue at a lighter intensity.
Note! If you are using a pacemaker or other implanted electronic device, you can use Polar products. In theory interference to pacemaker caused by Polar products should not be possible. In practice no reports exist to suggest anyone ever having experienced interference. We cannot however issue an official guarantee on our products’ suitability with all pacemakers or other implanted devices due to the variety of devices available. If you have any doubts, or if you experience any unusual sensations while using Polar products, please consult your physician or contact the implanted electronic device manufacturer to determine safety in your case.
If you are allergic to any substance that comes into contact with your skin or if you suspect an allergic reaction due to using the product, check the listed materials in Technical Specifications. In case of any skin reaction, stop using the product and consult your physician.
The combined impact of moisture and intense abrasion may cause a black color to come off the heart rate sensor’s surface, possibly staining light-colored clothes. It may also cause a darker color to come off clothing, possibly staining lighter-colored training devices. To keep a light-colored training device glowing for years to come, please make sure the clothing you wear while training does not bleed color. If you use perfume or insect repellent on your skin, you must ensure that it does not come into contact with the training device or the heart rate sensor.
If you train in cold conditions (-20 °C to -10 °C / -4 °F to 14 °F) we recommend that you wear the training device under the sleeve of your jacket, directly on your skin.
Disturbance may occur near electrical devices and WLAN base stations. To avoid erratic reading or misbehaviors, move away from possible sources of disturbance. For further information, see www.polar.com/support.
Limited International Polar Guarantee
- Polar Electro Oy issues a limited international guarantee for Polar products. For products which have been sold in the USA or Canada, guarantee is issued by Polar Electro, Inc.
- Polar Electro Oy/Polar Electro Inc. guarantees the original consumer/purchaser of the Polar product that the product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for two (2) years from the date of purchase, with the exception of wristbands made of silicone or plastic, which are subject to a guarantee period of one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- The guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear of the battery, or other normal wear and tear, damage due to misuse, abuse, accidents or non-compliance with the precautions; improper maintenance, commercial use, cracked, broken or scratched cases/displays, textile armband or textile or leather wristband, elastic strap (e.g. heart rate sensor chest strap) and Polar apparel.
- The guarantee does also not cover any damage/s, losses, costs or expenses, direct, indirect or incidental, consequential or special, arising out of, or related to the product.
- Guarantee does not cover products which have been purchased second hand.
- During the guarantee period, the product will be either repaired or replaced at any authorized Polar Central Service regardless of the country of purchase.
- Guarantee issued by Polar Electro Oy/Inc. does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national or state laws in force, or the consumer’s rights against the dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract.
- You should keep the receipt as a proof of purchase!
- Guarantee with respect to any product will be limited to countries where the product has been initially marketed by Polar Electro Oy/Inc.
Manufactured by Polar Electro Oy, Professorintie 5, 90440 KEMPELE, Finland www.polar.com.
Polar Electro Oy is a ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
© 2020 Polar Electro Oy, 90440 KEMPELE, Finland. All rights reserved. No part of this manual may be used or reproduced in any form or by any means without prior written permission of Polar Electro Oy.
The names and logos in this user manual or in the package of this product are trademarks of Polar Electro Oy. The names and logos marked with a ® symbol in this user manual or in the package of this product are registered trademarks of Polar Electro Oy. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation and Mac OS is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Polar Electro Oy is under license.
This product is compliant with Directives 2014/53/EU and 2011/65/EU. The relevant Declaration of Conformity and other regulatory information for each product are available at www.polar.com/en/regulatory_information.
This crossed out wheeled bin marking shows that Polar products are electronic devices and are in the scope of Directive 2012/19/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and batteries and accumulators used in products are in the scope of Directive 2013/56/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 September 2006 on batteries and accumulators and waste batteries and accumulators. These products and batteries/accumulators inside Polar products should thus be disposed of separately in EU countries. Polar encourages you to minimize possible effects of waste on the environment and human health also outside the European Union by following local waste disposal regulations and, where possible, utilize separate collection of electronic devices for products, and battery and accumulator collection for batteries and accumulators.
- The material in this manual is for informational purposes only. The products it describes are subject to change without prior notice, due to the manufacturer’s continuous development program.
- Polar Electro Inc./Polar Electro Oy makes no representations or warranties with respect to this manual or with respect to the products described herein.
- Polar Electro Inc./Polar Electro Oy shall not be liable for any damages, losses, costs or expenses, direct, indirect or incidental, consequential or special, arising out of, or related to the use of this material or the products described herein.
1.2 EN 1/2021