Get to Know Your Balance Scale
Unbox the Scale
- Open the battery cover and remove the insulation strip.
- Close the cover.
- Press the unit button to choose kilograms (kg) or pounds (lb). (The unit in use is shown on the display).
- Place the scale on the floor.
Please use the provided batteries. When you need to change them, do not use rechargeable batteries or mix old and new batteries. Make sure you place the scale on a hard floor as carpet can distort weighing results.
Pair the Scale with your Wrist Unit
Before pairing the scale with your wrist unit, make sure you’ve done the first time setup for your wrist unit in the Flow web service. See the user manual of your wrist unit for more information.
- Step on the scale, the display shows your weight.
- After a beep sound, the Bluetooth icon starts flashing, which means that the connection is now on. The scale is now ready to be paired with a Polar wrist unit, such as a training device or an activity tracker.
- Press the button* on your wrist unit and wait until your wrist unit display indicates the pairing is complete.
*If your wrist unit has one button (for example Polar Loop), press it until the display turns on and release. If your wrist unit has five buttons (for example Polar V800 and M400), press and hold the BACK button for 2 seconds and wait. With Polar A360, press and hold the side button for a couple of seconds and wait. When the scale is found, accept the pairing request.
The scale can be paired with 7 different Polar devices. When the number of paired devices exceeds 7, the first pairing will be removed and replaced.
Please note that if you do a factory reset on your wrist unit after the initial pairing, the wrist unit must be paired with the scale again. Also, if you remove or change the batteries of your scale, the wrist unit must be paired with the scale again.
Measure your Weight
- Step on the scale, and after the beep sound press the button* on your wrist unit.
- Your weight is updated when the scale display shows OK and your wrist unit display shows your weight.
*If your wrist unit has one button (for example Polar Loop), press it until the display turns on and release. If your wrist unit has five buttons (for example Polar V800 and M400), press and hold the BACK button for 2 seconds and wait. With Polar A360, wake up the display by pressing the side button. Then tap the side button, and wait until your weight is shown on the A360 display. Accept the weight update.
- If ERR is displayed, either the scale is not on a flat and hard enough surface, or the weight on the scale exceeds the scale’s capacity. Make sure you remain still when on the scale, and that the scale is on a flat and hard surface.
- If you step off the scale before it reaches a final weight reading, the scale turns off in 5 seconds.
- The scale is a precise measurement instrument that is most accurate for weighing a stationary object. To ensure the most accurate readings, always try to stand on the same area on the scale and do not move.
Sign into the Polar Flow web service
Sign into Polar Flow at www.polar.com/flow with the same Polar account details you created during the first-time setup for your wrist unit.
Download Flow app
- Download Flow app onto your phone from the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM.
- Pair your wrist unit with Flow app. For more information see the user manual of your Polar wrist unit.
Sync your Weight to the Balance Weight Management Service
After measuring your weight, it's time to update it to the Balance web service. There are two ways to sync your weight to the service:
- Wirelessly syncing via Flow app on your phone.
- Connecting your Polar wrist unit to your computer with the USB cable.
See the user manual of your Polar wrist unit for detailed instructions on syncing.