Troubleshooting V650 sync in FlowSync (Mac OS)
Please note, that when you plug your V650 into your computer it may take some time to establish the connection between your V650 and the computer. Be patient and wait for the sync to start.
If V650 sync doesn’t start in FlowSync or you get a “Connection error. Connection to Polar product lost.” error message, try the following steps one at a time.
See How do I sync my V650 with Flow web service (Mac OS) for detailed syncing instructions.
- If your V650 doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, remove and replug the USB cable.
- Always connect your V650 directly to your computer’s USB port. Do not connect it via USB hub, computer docking station or USB extension cable.
- Try the other USB port(s).
Be patient and wait for the sync to start.
Close FlowSync by clicking the icon on your menubar and choosing Close. Then restart FlowSync from Applications folder.
Restart your computer while keeping the V650 connected to the USB port. V650 must be turned on and in the main view.
Press the side button and choose Turn off your V650, then restart the V650 by pressing and holding the side button. After the restart keep the V650 in the main view and be patient and wait for the sync to start.
Go to Terminal and type command:
$ sudo launchctl load -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
Some software automatically starting while the computer is started may block the V650 sync. Close all other running software, including the ones that start automatically when you start your computer.
For detailed steps see Apple support.
Restart your computer and try syncing your V650 again.
Choose Apple menu → System Preferences → Network. V650 is shown in network lists (as in the picture below). Note that when you connect/reconnect your V650 to your computer, it takes some time until the list updates.
If your V650 is not shown in the list, click the + sign in the lower left corner. Choose Polar V650 from the list. Click Create.
Click Apply in the lower left corner. Wait until V650 appears onto the list. This may take a while. Be patient and wait until the sync automatically starts in FlowSync software.
In case there is no V650 selection in the Interface list:
On your V650, go to Settings > General settings. Scroll to the bottom and choose About V650. Scroll down again and choose your computer’s operating system: Mac OS X. Restart your V650 to save the setting. Keep your V650 connected to the USB port and wait until your Mac recognizes the device and starts the sync automatically in FlowSync.
In case V650 shows as “Not configured”:
On your V650, go to Settings > General settings. Scroll to the bottom and choose About V650. Scroll down again and choose your computer’s operating system: Mac OS X. Restart your V650 to save the setting. Keep your V650 connected to the USB port and wait until your Mac recognizes the device and sync starts automatically in FlowSync.
In case the problem continues, do the following steps exactly in the given order.
- Restart your Mac
- Open System Preferences.
- Open Network (if V650 is not shown in the list of network connections go directly to the step 6.
- Choose V650 from the list of network devices and press "-" sign (below the network list) - do this for all shown V650 devices what are visible. Would you like Polar V650 to return next time it is connected to your Mac? is shown. Click Yes.
- Save the changes by pressing Apply.
- Uninstall FlowSync.
- Restart your Mac
- Download and install FlowSync again via flow.polar.com/start and make sure FlowSync is running.
- Connect V650 to the USB-port.
- System Preferences => Network
- Press + icon (below the network listbox) - select Polar V650 from the Interface list and press Create - in the end press Apply to save settings.
Wait until the sync starts automatically in FlowSync. This can take several minutes. Do not press SYNC in FlowSync!