Troubleshooting Polar Equine heart rate monitor
If your Polar Equine heart rate monitor is not working as it should, please go through the following troubleshooting steps before contacting Polar Customer care.
- Make sure that the strap is firmly against the horse.
- Make sure that the horse’s hair is thoroughly moistened from the heart rate measurement area.
- If your horse has long or thick hair, you can clip it from the heart rate measurement area. This greatly improves the heart rate signal quality.
- Accumulated sweat and dirt may interfere with the measurement of the signal from the heart to the transmitter. Check if the strap needs cleaning.
- To optimize the contact between the horse’s skin and the electrodes, contact gel can be used on the electrodes.
Check from the receiving device's manual that it supports Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Smart) and its standardized heart rate service
Polar H10 is not compatible with earlier Bluetooth versions.
Check out the compatibility requirements.
If pairing does not work, check that bluetooth on the receiving device is enabled.
When pairing, make sure you are far (10 m/ 33 ft) from other Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor users.
If your receiving device has a bluetooth devices list, you can check if the sensor is paired. Polar H10 along with its ID number is listed when the sensor is paired. The ID numeber is printed on the back of the sensor.
iOS devices do not show Polar H10 in the bluetooth devices list.
For more on enabling heart rate sensor and starting the application, please see user instructions provided by the application manufacturer.
For instructions, see Using the Polar Equine heart rate monitor.
The battery lifetime of Polar H10 is about 400 hours. See a tutorial video for instructions on how to change the H10 battery.
To restart your Polar training device, go to Settings > General settings > About your watch/product and choose Restart your watch/device.
Exit the application and remove the Polar H10 heart rate sensor from the belt. Wait 30 seconds, place the sensor back and start the application.
To reset your heart rate sensor:
- Remove the battery.
- Press the metal snaps that attach to the strap with your fingers for at least 10 seconds.
- Wait 30 seconds and then put the battery back in.
After the reset you need to pair the sensor with your devices again.
If your receiving device has a bluetooth devices list, try if removing the Polar H10 from the list and pairing it again helps
If these tips didn’t help, please contact Polar Customer Care with a detailed problem description.