How do I perform Fitness test and what is it used for? (Bluetooth HR sensor required)
The Polar Fitness Test with wrist-based heart rate is an easy, safe and quick way to estimate your aerobic (cardiovascular) fitness at rest. It's a simple 5-minute fitness level assessment that gives you an estimate of your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max). The Fitness Test calculation is based on your resting heart rate, heart rate variability and your personal information: gender, age, height, weight, and self-assessment of your physical activity level called the training background. The Polar Fitness Test is developed for use by healthy adults.
To perform the Fitness test:
- Wear your Polar Bluetooth heart rate sensor.
- Swipe to Fitness test and tap the icon. Your A360/A370 starts searching for your heart rate. Heart rate found and Lie down and relax is shown on the display and the test starts.
- Lie down, stay relaxed and limit body movements and communication with other people. The bar on your A360/A370's display fills up as the test progresses.
- After the test Test completed is shown and you'll get your test result.
- Press the side button and accept to update your VO2max value, which is shown in Polar Flow web service.
You can interrupt the test in any phase by pressing the side button. Test canceled is displayed.