Having problems syncing your M430 with the Flow app?
Make sure location is enabled for Polar Flow app in the phone's application settings. On Android 6 and newer devices, location permission is needed to scan for Bluetooth devices.
If you have several Flow app compatible Polar devices in use, make sure you have chosen M430 as the active device in the Android Flow app. This way Flow app knows to connect to your watch. In the Flow app, go to Devices and choose M430, and then return to the main menu.
- Restart your M430. Browse to Settings > General settings > About product > Restart device. Press the START button and choose Yes to confirm the restart.
- Make sure the app and M430 are both up to date: Check from the App store or Google Play that you’ve got the latest version of the app installed. Flow app or FlowSync will tell you if there’s a firmware update available for your M430.
- Make sure Flow app is running on your mobile device and keep it at the foreground.
- If you have several Flow app compatible Polar devices in use, make sure you have chosen M430 as the active device in the Flow app. This way Flow app knows to connect to your M430. In Flow app, go to Devices and choose M430.
- Turn Flight mode on and off on your M430 and try the sync again. Continue with the steps if this did not help.
- Remove the Bluetooth pairing from the M430. On your M430 go to Settings > General settings > Pair and sync > Paired devices. Choose your mobile device and Delete pairing.
- On your mobile device remove your M430 from the list of paired Bluetooth devices: 1) iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth, press and Forget this Device, 2) Android: Settings > Bluetooth > Choose Polar device and Forget this Device. Note! This step is important, especially with iOS devices since new device pairing can't be done in the Flow app before the earlier connection has been removed from the Bluetooth device list.
- Turn off Bluetooth from your mobile device.
- Sign out from the Flow app and uninstall it from your mobile device.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Turn Bluetooth back on in your mobile device.
- Install Flow app again from the App store or from Google Play and sign in with your Flow account.
- Pair your M430 with the Flow app by pressing and holding the back button or by going to Settings > General settings > Pair and sync > Pair and sync mobile device. Do NOT use your phone’s Bluetooth menu to pair the M430.
If connection still doesn't work, perform a factory reset to your M430 and set up your M430 again.
- Check if all data was transferred - ignore the message if that was the case
- If you get the message repeatedly, uninstall and reinstall Flow app on your mobile device
Make sure you have signed in with the correct email address. If this is the case, then try the steps in If you have trouble initiating sync section above.