Polar training computers with the OwnCal feature display the cumulative energy expenditure (in kilocalories, kcal) during exercise and total kilocalories of the current exercise session after exercise. They also save accumulated kilocalories. The energy expenditure calculation is based on:
- body weight, height, age, gender
- individual maximum heart rate (HRmax)
- heart rate during exercise
Many Polar training computers also take into account:
- individual heart rate value in a sitting position (HRsit)
- individual maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max)
Check user settings to see which values are available on your training computer.
For best possible OwnCal information accuracy, please give the training computer clinically measured VO2max and HRmax values if you have them. If not, use the value given by Polar Fitness test if available on your training computer.