You can transfer data from your watch to the Polar Flow app wirelessly via Bluetooth connection. Or, you can sync your watch with the Polar Flow web service by using a USB port and the FlowSync software. To be able to sync data between your watch and the Flow app you need to have a Polar account. If you want to sync data from your watch directly to the web service, in addition to a Polar account, you need the FlowSync software. If you've set up your watch, you have created a Polar account. If you set up your watch using a computer, you have the FlowSync software on your computer.
Remember to sync and keep your data up-to-date between your watch, the web service and the mobile app wherever you are.
Sync with Flow mobile App
Before syncing make sure:
- You have a Polar account and Flow app.
- Your mobile device has Bluetooth turned on, and airplane mode/flight mode is not turned on.
- You have paired your watch with your mobile. For more information, see Pairing.
Sync your data:
- Sign in to the Flow app, and press and hold the BACK button on your watch.
- Connecting to phone is displayed, followed by Connecting to Polar Flow app.
- Syncing completed is displayed when you are done.
Your watch syncs with the Flow app automatically after you finish a training session if your phone is within the Bluetooth range. When your watch syncs with the Flow app, your activity and training data are also synced automatically via an internet connection to the Flow web service.
For support and more information about using the Polar Flow app, go to support.polar.com/en/support/Flow_app.
Sync With Flow Web Service Via FlowSync
To sync data with the Flow web service you need the FlowSync software. Go to flow.polar.com/start, and download and install it before trying to sync.
- Plug your watch to your computer. Make sure FlowSync software is running.
- The FlowSync window opens on your computer, and the syncing starts.
- Completed is displayed when you are done.
Every time you plug in your watch to your computer, the Polar FlowSync software will transfer your data to the Polar Flow web service and sync any settings you may have changed. If the syncing does not automatically start, start FlowSync from the desktop icon (Windows) or from the applications folder (Mac OS X). Every time a firmware update is available, FlowSync will notify you, and request you to install it.
If you change settings in the Flow web service while your watch is plugged into your computer, press the synchronize button on FlowSync to transfer to the settings to your watch.
For support and more information about using the Flow web service, go to support.polar.com/en/support/flow.
For support and more information about using FlowSync software, go to support.polar.com/en/support/FlowSync.