Polar GoFit User Guide for Teacher
Individualized health and physical education with heart rate measuring and fitness assessment.
Polar GoFit is a physical education ecosystem with heart rate measuring and fitness assessments. It enables you to view, analyze and evaluate your students’ physical activity easily online. It helps you to motivate them to live a healthy lifestyle and give them lessons they will remember – lessons for life.
Polar GoFit consists of two parts: the Polar GoFit web service (polargofit.com) and the Polar GoFit application.
The Polar GoFit web service is used to:
- manage teacher and student accounts
- manage the school’s heart rate measurement devices
- manage evaluation types
- hold heart rate courses, and to manage course settings and participants
- hold fitness tests
- get course summaries
- get Course Evaluation and Student Details reports
- get School reports.
The Polar GoFit application is used to:
- hold heart rate lessons related to heart rate courses
- monitor students’ heart rates during lessons
- get instant feedback after heart rate lessons.
Sign in to the web service on the Polar GoFit home page (www.polargofit.com). The first teacher user account was created when the licenses were purchased. A link to select a password for the account was provided in the welcome email. More teacher user accounts can be created after signing in. Both teachers and students use the same sign-in page.
- Polar GoFit account
- Computer with an Internet connection to access the Polar GoFit web service
To be able to hold heart rate lessons, also:
- An iPad or a Google Chromebook, and a reliable and fast mobile data or Wi-Fi connection
- Polar GoFit iOS app downloadable from the App Store or Polar GoFit Chromebook app downloadable from Google Play
- Polar GoFit compatible heart rate measuring devices
We recommend using the latest versions of modern web browsers.
Use of Internet Explorer is not recommended.
- iPadOS version 13.2 or later
- Chromebook with Bluetooth 5.0 or newer
Polar GoFit Compatible Devices
Polar GoFit app uses Bluetooth® technology and is compatible with many Polar heart rate measuring devices. See more information on the compatible devices in Polar GoFit Compatible Devices.
Make sure your browser's proxy settings are set correctly. Contact your IT administrator if you need help with the browser settings.
About the user guide
The user guide includes instructions for different parts of the web service. You can download the entire user guide in PDF format by clicking 'Download in PDF format' in the navigation panel on the left.
About the Polar GoFit app
Teachers use the Polar GoFit iPad app or Chromebook app to monitor and share heart rate data during PE lessons. The data transfer between the Polar GoFit app and Polar GoFit web service is automatic.
Each teacher must accept the license agreement when signing in to the web service for the first time. The licence agreement can be opened by clicking Legal Notice in the Polar GoFit footer.