Strength Training Guidance
Strength Training with Polar FT80 training computer helps you effectively improve your muscle strength and power. By reading your heart rate, the training computer knows when your body is ready for the next set for optimal training impact. The FT80 gives you guidance during the workout. You can either do an unplanned workout or you can download workouts from polarpersonaltrainer.com.
After workout, transfer data to polarpersonaltrainer.com.
If you have activated the Polar STAR Training Program, the performed strength training is automatically calculated into the weekly training results.
Create workout(s) and download from polarpersonaltrainer.com
1. Create strength workout target in polarpersonaltrainer.com.
Click Add to your Diary - Training Target on Home page.
Or, go to Training/Diary and click Add New Training Target.
Or, go to Training/Diary. Click a future date and select Training Target.
- Name your training session, select the sport and set the date and time.
- Go to Strength Training Target tab.
- Select the strength training exercise for your training.
Click a muscle group to view the exercises in that group. Click an exercise to add it into your training target. The list of added exercises is shown on the bottom.
- Fill in sets and repetitions (required information) and if you wish also weights.
- Click Save to add the training target to your Diary.
2. Download strength workout(s) to your FT80. See Related Documents for data transfer instructions.
Only next three strength workout targets are transferred from your training diary to your FT80. If you have saved strength workout target as a favorite exercise you need to drag and drop the favorite exercise to future in your training diary.
3. In your FT80, press OK button to enter the Training view.
4. Press Down button to select Start strength training and press OK button to accept.
- Carry out a suitable warm-up session.
5. After warm-up, press OK. Start workout? appears. Select Yes and the list of workouts appears.
- If you have download more than one workout, press Down to select the one you want to perform. Press OK to accept and Workout selected! is displayed.
6. Press Down to select the exercise you want to perform. Press OK to start your exercise with the first set.
7. After you have completed a set you should sit down to allow your FT80 to define when you have recovered enough to proceed with your training. When your heart rate graph hits the dotted line on the display you will hear a beep and Start next set! appears.
8. When you have completed all sets of an exercise, press OK. Exercise completed? appears. Select Yes to save the exercise data. The exercise set is now removed from your exercise list in this session.
9. Select the exercise you want to perform next. After you have performed all exercises, carry out a suitable cool down session.
10. To stop the cool down session, press Back twice. Instant feedback on your session is displayed. To return to the time view, press Back.
Do an unplanned workout
Even if you have not download workouts from polarpersonaltrainer.com your FT80 still guides your strength training by letting you know how long to rest between each set.
1. To enter the Training view, press OK button.
2. Press the Down to select Start strength training.
3. To start the session, press OK.
4. After you have completed a set you should sit down to allow your FT80 to define when you have recovered enough to proceed with your training. When your heart rate graph hits the dotted line on the display you will hear a beep and Start next set! appears.
5. Perform the exercises and finish your workout.
6. To stop the session, press Back button twice. Instant feedback on your session is displayed. To return to the time view, press Back.