How do I transfer data from Polar ProTrainer 5 to Polar Flow web service?
You can transfer all your training history from Polar ProTrainer 5 software to the Polar Flow web service.
Please note that there are feature differences between Polar ProTrainer 5 and Polar Flow. Polar Flow has features that aren’t available in Polar ProTrainer 5 and similarly Polar ProTrainer 5 has features that aren’t available in Polar Flow.
- Make sure you have Polar ProTrainer 5 software version 5.42.1. Update the software manually as instructed here.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Create a Polar account in Polar Flow web service. If you have used polarpersonaltrainer.com, you already have a Polar account, and you can use the same username and password in Polar Flow. Before you can transfer the data, log into Polar Flow web service and fill in your physical settings.
The transferred training sessions are shown as private in Polar Flow. After the transfer you can choose which training sessions you want to share with your followers. See more information here.
- Open Polar ProTrainer 5 software.
- Choose File > Transfer to Polar Flow.
- Choose the time period for the trainings you want to transfer.
- Sign in to your Polar account by clicking Sign in and giving your username (email) and password.
If you don’t have a Polar Flow account, click Register to Polar Flow to create an account. After registering you’re guided back to Polar ProTrainer 5 software.
- Since the sports in Polar ProTrainer 5 may differ from the sports in Polar Flow, you need to match the sports manually. Choose the sport in Polar Flow from the drop-down list. Training sessions for which you haven’t defined a sport in Polar ProTrainer 5 are transferred to Polar Flow as “Other outdoor”.
- Tick Resync, if you already have transferred some data and want to transfer it again.
- Click Transfer.
- The transfer begins. You can follow the progress on your computer screen. You can stop the transfer by clicking Cancel. The transfer may take some time, depending on the amount of transferred data.
- After the transfer you’ll get a report showing the details of the transfer.
Click View log, if you want more information.
At the moment you can transfer your training results, fitness test results (OwnIndex/VO2max values) and certain types of Day information (weight, day notes, week notes). Multisport results are transferred as separate training results. Note that the data is transferred only to Polar Flow web service, not to Polar Flow mobile app or to any training device.
There are some feature differences and technical differences between Polar ProTrainer 5 and Polar Flow web service. That's why all the training data you have in Polar ProTrainer 5 may not be compatible with Polar Flow and isn’t shown there. Please see the limitations below.
The following data of your training results can’t be transferred:
- Pedalling index
- Air pressure
- Vertical speed
- Stride length (maximum and minimum)
- Automatic laps
- Minimum pace
- Minimum cadence
- Coasting time
- Grade %
The following test data can’t be transferred:
- Orthostatic test data
- OwnOptimizer test data
- UKK walking test
The following day information can’t be transferred:
- Resting heart rate
- Aerobic and anaerobic threshold
- Sleep hours
- Sleep pattern
- Orthostatic test HR
- Day Info
Heart rate zone limits
After the transfer, the heart rate zone limits of your training sessions in Polar Flow may be different from the limits in Polar ProTrainer 5. The limits may need to be adjusted to correspond to the Polar Flow web service. This is done automatically during the transfer.
All the transferred data can’t be included in progress reports in the Polar Flow web service. Transferred data is not taken into account in the Training Load and Recovery Status calculation in Polar Flow.
Manually added total distance
If you have added total distance manually to your trainings in Polar ProTrainer 5, it will be shown in the basic data panel of the training analysis view in Polar Flow. The curve in the training analysis view in Polar Flow is scaled according to the manually added total distance.
If you have made a selection on the curve of a training in Polar ProTrainer 5 and saved the distance of the selection to the Polar ProTrainer 5 diary, that distance is used in the training transferred to the Flow web service (see the image below). You can modify the distance in the Flow web service.