Battery Change in Polar Product
Battery life time depends highly on how much you use the product. For estimated average battery life of your Polar product, please refer to product user manual.
For many Polar products the battery is inserted at the factory. In the package, even though not active, the battery still has shelf life. The actual life of the first battery, once the product is in your possession, can therefore feel shorter than what is estimated in the user manual.
Depending on the training computer model you can either change the battery yourself or you need to have it changed by a Polar-authorized service center that only use Polar-approved components. With every battery change, Polar performs a full periodic and water resistance check.
You can change the battery yourself to these products:
- CS500+ / CS600X
- FT4 / FT7, FT60 / FT80<
- G1 GPS sensor
- H1 / H2 / H3 / H6 / H7 heart rate sensor
- Polar Active
- Polar Move
- Power Output Sensor / Power Output Sensor W.I.N.D.
- S1 foot pod / s3 stride sensor W.I.N.D. / s3+ stride sensor
- WearLink® transmitter / WearLink® transmitter W.I.N.D. / WearLink® Hybrid / Polar WearLink® transmitter Nike+ / Polar WearLink® transmitter Bluetooth®
If your product is not listed above, please contact your local Polar service for battery change.
When changing the battery, replace the sealing ring if it seems damaged. Please refer to user manual for closer instructions.
- Excessive use of the backlight and sounds reduces battery life.
- In cold conditions, the low battery indicator may appear but will disappear when the temperature rises.
- If your training computer has a data transfer feature, transfer all data from your training computer to related software/web service to avoid data loss.
If you have another model than what is listed above, please contact your local Polar service for battery change.
Polar Service Centre:
IHF Products cc
P. O. Box 4021
Tel: 011 805 1028
Fax: 011 805 5498