Polar Equine app features
The Polar Equine app is a great tool for viewing and collecting the information measured with the Polar Equine products. It comes with two specific features to help you make sure that you are training your horse safely and constructively: Healthcheck and Data Collection. The app is available for Android phones and can be downloaded from Google Play. For information on how to install app, please see: How to install the Polar Equine app?
Before you can start using the Polar Equine app features, you need to pair your Polar H10 heart rate sensor with the app. For instructions, see How to pair a Polar H10 heart rate sensor with the Polar Equine app?
Use the Polar Equine app together with the Polar Equine Healthcheck to check your horse’s resting and recovery heart rate quickly and easily. The Polar Equine app gives you a quick and easy readout of your horse’s heart rate data.
- Open the Polar Equine app and tap the Healthcheck button on the home screen. The app starts searching for the heart rate sensor signal.
- Place the Polar Equine Healthcheck against your horse’s coat. For instructions, see Measuring your horse’s heart rate.
- If you have paired your Polar H10 sensor with the app, the app will automatically connect to the sensor. If you haven’t paired your Polar H10 sensor with the app yet, open the Device list to pair the sensor.
- You’ll see your horse’s real-time heart rate, RR data and ECG on your phone within seconds. Wait until you see a clear ECG trace to ensure that the heart rate measurement is working properly and provides accurate heart rate and RR data.
When you pause the measurement, you can return to a specific point of the curve by swiping from left-to-right and zoom by pinching.
Double-tapping the ECG/Heart rate curve view brings up a dialog box where you can choose the series you want to be shown:
Use the Polar Equine app together with a Polar Equine heart rate monitor to monitor your horse’s heart rate easily and safely during training. When you see your horse’s heart rate in real time, you can adjust each training session to the level of intensity that is correct at each point in time. After training, you can download the collected training data and choose where you want the files to be sent. The files can be imported into different analysis programs for further analysis.
- Attach the heart rate monitor as instructed in Using the Polar Equine heart rate monitor.
- Open the app and tap the Data Collection button on the home screen.
- The app automatically starts searching for the heart rate sensor signal. If you haven’t paired your Polar H10 sensor with the app yet, open the Device list to pair the sensor.
- When GPS and heart rate signals are found (the circles around the icons are static), tap START to begin the training session.
- The Polar Equine app displays the following data:
- Heart rate
- RR data
Double-tapping the ECG/Acceleration view brings up a dialog box where you can choose the series you want to be shown:
You also choose to display only the horse’s heart rate information by tapping HR ONLY.
Pausing/Stopping a training session
Pause the training session by tapping the icon in the lower right corner.
- To continue training, tap RESUME.
- To download the collected data files, tap DOWNLOAD. Choose the files you want download (HR, ECG, ACCELERATION, GPS), and then choose where you want the file to be sent. You can later import the files into different data analysis programs.
- To stop the session without saving, or after you have downloaded the files, tap EXIT.
The data collected in the HR, ECG, ACCELERATION and GPS files includes the following data: