Care and Maintenance of Your Polar Product
THE WRIST UNIT
The following suggestions help in maintaining the water resistance:
- Keep your unit clean.
- Wipe off any moisture before putting the unit away. You may also wash it with mild soap and water solution under running water. Remember not to press any buttons.
- Do not store the unit in non-breathable material (i.e. plastic bag or damp gym bag).
- Do not operate the buttons whilst under water or when wet.
- Keep your unit out of extreme cold (below –10 °C/14 °F) and heat (above 50 °C/120 °F).
IF THE BATTERY RUNS OUT
- The first sign that the battery may be running down is when the display fades. This may become apparent when the digits fade when the back light is used (certain models).
- We recommend that you send your unit to the Polar Service. The rubber seal that ensures water resistance should be checked and the unit should be tested for water resistance every time it is opened.
- Service to your unit by yourself or an unauthorized service may damage your unit.
- Warranty does not cover damage or consequential damage caused by service not authorized by Polar.
Proper care of the transmitter after use ensures longer service life for the transmitter.
- Wash the transmitter regularly after use. T31, T31C, T61 transmitters should be washed with a mild soap and water solution. Dry it carefully with a soft towel after washing.
- WearLink transmitter strap and connector should be rinsed with water. Never store the transmitter when it is wet, and store the strap and connector separately. Sweat and moisture can keep the electrodes wet and the transmitter activated, which shortens the battery life.
- Store your Polar product in a cool and dry place. Make sure that the electrodes do not contact anything damp, such as sport towel or wet elastic strap. Do not store a wet transmitter in any kind of non-breathing material, such as a plastic bag or a sports bag.
- Do not bend or stretch the transmitter. This may damage the electrodes.
- Readjust the elastic strap periodically so that the transmitter fits firmly around the chest.
- Only dry the transmitter with a towel. Hard-handed handling may damage the electrodes.
- Keep your Polar product out of extreme cold and heat. The operating temperature is -10 °C to 50 °C/ 14 °F to 122 °F. Do not expose the Polar prodcut to direct sunlight for extended periods, such as leaving it in a car.
- T31, T31C, T61 transmitters can be washed with mild soap and a gentle brush. If the electrodes appear discoloured, the transmitter needs to be washed. Do not use any alcohol or a solvent based detergent.
- WearLink strap and the elastic strap of the T31, T31C and T61 should be washed regularly in a washing machine at 40 °C/104 °F or at least after every fifth use. This ensures reliable measurement and maximizes the life span of the transmitter. Use a washing pouch. Do not soak, spin-dry, iron, dry clean or bleach the strap. Do not use detergent with bleach or fabric softener. Never put the transmitter connector in the washing machine or drier!
- The average battery lifetime of Polar T31 and T31C Transmitter is 2500 hours of use. When the battery dies, you will need to replace the whole heart rate sensor (structure of the transmitter is sealed). Find nearest Polar retailer from Polar Service Finder. (Please note, that this does not apply to WearLink, H1, H2, H3, and H7 transmitters.)