Troubleshooting OH1 setup
Having trouble setting up your OH1 with your mobile?
If you're having trouble setting up your OH1 with your mobile device and the Polar Flow / Polar Beat mobile app, make sure:
- Your mobile device is compatible with the Polar Flow / Beat app.
- You have the latest version of the Polar Flow / Beat app downloaded from Google Play or the App Store and installed on your mobile device.
- Bluetooth is turned on in your mobile device and the airplane mode/flight mode is off. You can try to fix a problem in the Bluetooth connection by turning it off and on again in the phone's settings.
- Both your OH1 and mobile are powered up.
- Then, try setting up your OH1 again using the instructions in Setting up your OH1.
If you’re using Android device, make sure location is enabled for Polar Flow / Beat app in the phone's application settings. On Android 6 and newer devices, location permission is needed to scan for Bluetooth devices.
If you're still unable to set up, here are a few more steps that can help you solve the problem.
- The OH1 has to be set up with your mobile phone using the Polar Flow / Beat app, and not in your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings. If you’ve paired the OH1 with your phone, first unpair the Bluetooth connection with your phone, and then follow the instructions for setting up the OH1 with the Polar Flow / Beat app in Setting up your OH1.
- If you experience unexpected behavior in Flow/Beat app during setup, first force quit it to see if this helps. If not, uninstall and reinstall the app.
Having trouble setting up your OH1 with your computer?
If you're having trouble setting up your OH1 with your computer, try the below steps, one at a time, and then try setting up your OH1 again using the instructions in OH1 user manual.
- If your OH1 doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, it could be because the charging contacts on the sensor or USB adapter not clean enough.
- Rinse the OH1 sensor after each training session with lukewarm tap water. The sensor is water resistant and you can rinse it under running water without damaging the electronic components.
- Before charging, make sure there’s no moisture, hair, dust or dirt on the sensor or USB adapter connectors. Gently wipe off any dirt and blow off the dust. Do not use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
Check that OH1 is correctly placed in the USB adapter, and that the adapter is correctly placed in the USB port
- Make sure the OH1 sensor is placed correctly in the USB adapter. The sensor should be in the USB adapter with the lens facing up so that the contacts on the sensor and the USB adapter meet.
- Make sure the USB adapter is placed into the USB port correctly. The lens of the OH1 sensor is facing up when the adapter is placed correctly.
- Close FlowSync by right-clicking/secondary clicking the icon on your computer taskbar/menubar. Choose Close. Then restart FlowSync from your computer desktop icon/Applications folder.
- Keep the OH1 plugged into the computer.
- Windows: Go to (Start) > Control Panel > (System) > Device Manager > Human Interface Devices. Plug your Polar OH1 into your computer. Does the list update? Your Polar OH1 should be shown as HID-compliant device / HID-compliant vendor-defined device.
- Mac OS X: Click Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB. Plug your Polar OH1 into your computer. Does the list update? Your Polar OH1 should be shown on the list.
- If your OH1 is not shown on the list and/or the synchronization does not start, please reset the device.
If these tips didn’t help, see additional help from Troubleshooting Polar FlowSync, or contact your local customer care with a detailed problem description.