Wearing Polar Verity Sense
When you're recording a pool swimming session, attach the Verity Sense to your swimming goggles strap with the swimming goggle strap clip.
The Verity Sense records your heart rate, distance and pace automatically in pool swimming with the specific swimming mode. Distance and pace calculations are based on the set pool length and detected turns. The sensor detects swimming turns with an integrated gyroscope. To get the most accurate swimming metrics, it is crucial that you wear the sensor correctly by following the instructions below. If the sensor is worn incorrectly the data gathered from your swim will be flawed.
- Place the sensor into the swimming goggle strap clip with the lens facing up.
- Attach the clip onto your swimming goggles strap. Position the clip onto your swimming goggles strap so that the sensor sits on your right temple with the button facing up.
- The lens should touch the bare skin of your temple. Attach the sensor as far as you can on your temple without getting your hair between the sensor and your skin.
Wear the Polar Verity Sense on your left or right forearm or upper arm with the armband. These are the locations we have verified that work best. Note that Polar Verity Sense should not be worn on around your wrist.
- Place the sensor into the armband holder with the lens facing up.
- Wear the armband so that the sensor is on the underside of the armband firmly against your skin.
- Wear the Verity Sense in the armband around your forearm or upper arm.
You can use the sensor without the armband and holder, if you want. Just make sure that the sensor is snugly and firmly against your skin, for example under tight-fitting clothing. Generally, you can wear the Verity Sense wherever you feel comfortable and you feel you are getting accurate readings. Note that accuracy from different locations varies from person to person.
However, please note that in addition to keeping your sensor in place, the armband holder and the swimming goggle strap clip also have another function: they act as booster antennas, which significantly increase the Bluetooth transmission range. When you need the best possible range, keep the sensor in its armband holder or the swimming goggle strap clip. For details on the Bluetooth transmission range, see Technical specification in the user manual.
You can easily detach the sensor from the holder by pushing through the hole in the holder. Or, if you want, you can detach the armband from the holder and use the holder alone to attach the sensor anywhere that happens to suit your sport.