Wear and care of your leather wristband
Like you, your leather band needs care and attention to help it stay in the best possible condition. Leather bands are best suited for everyday activities and casual wear. When training we recommend using bands made from other materials such as FKM (fluoroelastomer) or silicon if possible. The combined impact of moisture and intense abrasion may cause color to come off the wristband's surface, possibly staining light-colored clothes or your skin.
Keep in mind that leather is an organic material, and it will evolve over time developing patina and changing color. When looking after your leather wristband following the guidelines below will help keep it in the best possible condition:
- Do not immerse in water, avoid getting it wet and take it off when showering.
- When rinsing the watch unit remove the leather wristband.
- If the band gets wet, dab it gently with a soft lint-free cloth as soon as possible.
- Clean it with a soft brush or cloth. Do not dry with artificial heat such as a hair dryer or radiator.
- Don't machine wash, tumble dry or iron.
- Keep in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and away from artificial sources of heat when not in use.
- Keep it away from abrasives that can scuff or cut it.
- Regularly air out the band.