Troubleshooting Grit X/Vantage setup
Having trouble setting up your watch with your mobile?
If you're having trouble setting up your watch with your mobile device and the Polar Flow mobile app, make sure:
- Your mobile device is compatible with the Polar Flow app.
- You have the latest version of the Polar Flow app downloaded from Google Play or the App Store and installed on your mobile device.
- Bluetooth is turned on in your mobile device and the airplane mode/flight mode is off. You can try to fix a problem in the Bluetooth connection by turning it off and on again in the phone's settings.
- Android users: make sure location is enabled for Polar Flow app in the phone's application settings.
- Both your watch and mobile are powered up.
- Then, try setting up your watch again using the instructions in How do I start using my Grit X/Vantage?
If you're still unable to set up, here are a few more steps that can help you solve the problem.
- The watch has to be set up with your mobile phone using the Polar Flow app, and not in your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings. If you’ve paired the watch with your phone, first unpair the Bluetooth connection with your phone, and then follow the instructions for setting up the watch with the Polar Flow app in How do I start using my Grit X/Vantage?
- If you experience unexpected behavior in Flow app during setup, first force quit it to see if this helps. If not, uninstall and reinstall the app. Reset your watch if nothing else works.
Having trouble setting up your watch with your computer?
If you're having trouble setting up your watch with your computer, try the below steps, one at a time, and then try setting up your watch again using the instructions in How do I start using my Grit X/Vantage?
If your watch doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, it could be because the charging contacts of your watch and cable are not clean enough. Before charging and connecting to FlowSync, please make sure there’s no dust or dirt on the charging contacts of your watch and cable. Gently wipe off any dirt. Do not use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
- Make sure you have removed the plastic protection shield from the back of your watch.
- Make sure the charging cable is firmly in place.
- Remove and replug the charging cable into your watch.
- If you plugged your watch into your computer via USB Hub, try plugging it in directly to the computer's own USB port.
- Try the other USB port(s).
On your watch, go to General settings > About your watch > Restart your watch. Press the OK button and then press OK again to confirm the restart. Restarting the watch will not delete any of the settings or your personal data from the watch.
You can also restart your watch by pressing and holding the OK button for 10 seconds.
Close FlowSync by right-clicking/secondary clicking the icon on your computer taskbar/menubar. Choose Close. Then restart FlowSync from your computer desktop icon/Applications folder.
Make sure you have version 3.0 or newer of the Polar FlowSync software installed. Older FlowSync versions are not compatible with Vantage M and Vantage V. To check the FlowSync version, click the settings icon on FlowSync and select About. If the FlowSync version is older than 3.0, please download and install the latest FlowSync version at flow.polar.com/start.
Keep the charging cable plugged into your watch, and the cable plugged into the computer.
- Open the Settings menu by going to the Start menu and clicking the settings icon (above the Power button). Open the Devices option and then click on the Connected devices/Bluetooth & other devices option.
- Plug your watch into the charging cable and the cable into your computer. Your watch should be shown as USB Serial Device under Other devices.
- Click Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB. Plug your watch into the charging cable and the cable into your computer. Does the list update? Your watch should be shown on the list.
- If your watch is not shown on the list and/or the synchronization does not start, please reset the device.