Syncing data between Polar OH1 and Polar FlowSync fails
If FlowSync doesn’t start syncing your sensor, try the below steps, one at a time, and then try syncing your sensor again.
If your OH1 doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, it could be because the charging contacts of your sensor and USB charging adapter are not clean enough.
Before charging and connecting to FlowSync, please make sure there’s no moisture, dust or dirt on the charging contacts of your OH1 and USB charging adapter. Gently wipe off any dirt or moisture. Do not use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
The best way to keep the charging contacts of your sensor clean is to rinse the sensor after each training session with lukewarm tap water. The sensor is water resistant and you can rinse it under running water without damaging the electronic components. Clean the sensor with a mild soap and water solution when needed. Do not charge the sensor when it's wet or sweaty.
Check that sensor is correctly placed in the USB adapter, and that the adapter is correctly placed in the USB port
- Make sure the OH1 sensor is placed correctly in the USB adapter. The sensor should be in the USB adapter with the lens facing up so that the contacts on the sensor and the USB adapter meet.
- Make sure the USB adapter is placed into the USB port correctly. The lens of the OH1 sensor is facing up when the adapter is placed correctly.
- Try the other USB port(s).
Close FlowSync by right-clicking/secondary clicking the icon on your computer taskbar/menubar. Choose Close. Then restart FlowSync from your computer desktop icon/Applications folder.
Make sure you have version 3.0 or newer of the Polar FlowSync software installed. Older FlowSync versions are not compatible with OH1. To check the FlowSync version, click the settings icon on FlowSync and select About. If the FlowSync version is older than 3.0, please download and install the latest FlowSync version at flow.polar.com/start.
Keep your OH1 plugged into the computer.
- Open the Settings menu by going to the Start menu and clicking the settings icon (above the Power button). Open the Devices option and then click on the Connected devices/Bluetooth & other devices option.
- Plug your OH1 into the charging adapter and the cable into your computer. Your OH1 should appear under Other devices.
- Click Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB. Plug your OH1 into your computer. Does the list update? Your OH1 should be shown on the list.
If your OH1 is not shown on the list and/or the synchronization does not start, please reset the sensor.