Syncing data between Ignite/Ignite 2 and Polar FlowSync fails
If FlowSync doesn’t start syncing your watch, try the below steps, one at a time, and then try syncing your watch again.
If your watch doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, it could be because the charging contacts of your watch and cable are not clean enough.
Before charging and connecting to FlowSync, please make sure there’s no moisture, dust or dirt on the charging contacts of your watch and cable. Gently wipe off any dirt or moisture. Do not use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
The best way to keep the charging contacts of your watch clean is to wash the watch under running water with a mild soap and water solution after each training session. The watch is water resistant and you can wash it under running water without damaging the electronic components. Do not charge the watch when it's wet or sweaty.
The watch needs to be in the time view when you start syncing.
- Make sure you have removed the plastic protection shield from the back of your watch.
- Make sure the charging cable is firmly in place.
- Remove and replug the cable into your watch.
- If you plugged your watch into your computer via USB Hub, try plugging it in directly to the computer's own USB port.
- Try the other USB port(s).
On your watch, go to General settings > About your watch > Restart your watch. Tap Restart your watch and then tap to confirm the restart. Restarting the watch will not delete any of the settings or your personal data from the watch.
You can also restart your watch by pressing and holding the button for 10 seconds.
Close FlowSync by right-clicking/secondary clicking the icon on your computer taskbar/menubar. Choose Close. Then restart FlowSync from your computer desktop icon/Applications folder.
Make sure you have version 3.0 or newer of the Polar FlowSync software installed. Older FlowSync versions are not compatible with Ignite. To check the FlowSync version, click the settings icon on FlowSync and select About. If the FlowSync version is older than 3.0, please download and install the latest FlowSync version at flow.polar.com/start.
Keep the charging cable plugged into your watch, and the cable plugged into the computer.
- Open the Settings menu by going to the Start menu and clicking the settings icon (above the Power button). Open the Devices option and then click on the Connected devices/Bluetooth & other devices option.
- Plug your watch into the charging cable and the cable into your computer. Your watch should be shown as USB Serial Device under Other devices.
- Click Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB. Plug your watch into the charging cable and the cable into your computer. Does the list update? Your watch should be shown on the list.
- If your watch is not shown on the list and/or the synchronization does not start, please reset the device.