Troubleshooting M430 setup
Having trouble setting up your M430 with your mobile?
If you're having trouble setting up your M430 with your mobile device and the Polar Flow mobile app, make sure:
- Your mobile device is compatible with the Polar Flow app.
- You have the latest version of the Polar Flow app downloaded from Google Play or the App Store and installed on your mobile device.
- Bluetooth is turned on in your mobile device and the airplane mode/flight mode is off. You can try to fix a problem in the Bluetooth connection by turning it off and on again in the phone's settings.
- Both your M430 and mobile are powered up.
- Then, try setting up your M430 again using the instructions in Setting up your M430.
If you're still unable to set up, here are a few more steps that can help you solve the problem.
- The M430 has to be set up with your mobile phone using the Polar Flow app, and not in your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings. If you’ve paired the M430 with your phone, first unpair the Bluetooth connection with your phone, and then follow the instructions for setting up the M430 with the Polar Flow app in Setting up your M430.
- If you changed your mind in the middle of the first setup and cancelled the setup, you need to start the setup again from Flow app by going to Support > Get started with new device or do the setup with USB cable and a computer using Polar FlowSync.
- If you experience unexpected behavior in Flow app during setup, first force quit it to see if this helps. If not, uninstall and reinstall the app. Reset your M430 if nothing else works.
Having trouble setting up your M430 with your computer?
If you're having trouble setting up your M430 with your computer, try the below steps, one at a time, and then try setting up your M430 again using the instructions in M430 user manual
If your M430 doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, it could be because the charging area on the back of the product is not clean enough.
Rinse the USB port after each training session with lukewarm tap water. The USB port is water resistant and you can rinse it under running water without damaging the electronic components.
Before charging, make sure there’s no moisture, hair, dust or dirt on the M430’s USB port or charging cable. Gently wipe off any dirt and blow off any dust. You can use a toothpick if needed. Do not use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
- Make sure the USB connector is firmly in place.
- Remove and replug the USB cable into your M430.
- If you plugged your M430 into your computer via USB Hub, try plugging it in directly to the computer's own USB port.
- Try the other USB port(s).
You can restart your M430 from the device itself:
1. Browse to Settings > General settings > About product > Restart device.
2. Press the START button and then choose Yes to confirm the restart.
- Windows: Go to (Start) > Control Panel > (System) > Device Manager > Human Interface Devices. Plug your Polar M430 into the USB cable and the cable into your computer. Does the list update? Your Polar M430 should be shown as HID-compliant device / HID-compliant vendor-defined device.
- Mac OS X: Click Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB. Plug your Polar M430 into the USB cable and the cable into your computer. Does the list update? Your Polar M430 should be shown on the list.
- If your M430 is not shown on the list and/or the synchronization does not start, please reset the device.