Stride Sensor Battery Change
Before using the Polar s3 Stride Sensor W.I.N.D. / Polar s3+ stride sensor for the first time, insert the CR2430 battery (included in the product package).
To change the battery:
1. Open the battery cover by turning it counterclockwise to OPEN using a coin (picture 1).
2. Remove the battery cover and lift the battery out carefully with a suitable sized small rigid stick or bar, such as a toothpick or small screwdriver.
3. Insert the CR2430 battery inside the cover with the positive (+) side facing the cover (picture 2).
4. Make sure the sealing ring is in the groove to ensure water resistance and is not damaged, in which case you should replace it with a new one.
5. Place the cover with the battery inside it into the sensor.
6. Press the cover in place and close it by turning clockwise from OPEN using a coin (see picture 3).
Battery kits with sealing rings are available at Polar retailers and authorized Polar Service Centers. In the USA and Canada, sealing rings are available at authorized Polar Service Centers only. Please find your closest battery kit retailer at Where to Buy.
Sensor calibration after battery change is recommended if the position of the sensor on the shoe changes, e.g. you switch the sensor from your right shoe to your left one.