How to Record Online Heart Rate with Polar WindLink
Online heart rate recording is used for viewing heart rate and relaxation rate (RLX) online on the computer screen. To perform online recording you need Polar WearLink W.I.N.D transmitter and Polar WindLink USB stick.
WindLink is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32/64-bit). To install the stick just connect it to your computer's USB port. No driver installation is required.
You can also record online with the old S810i /S810 products. For more, see Related Documents below.
To record online
1. Switch on the online recording in the software. Select Options → Preferences → Hardware.
2. In Advanced → Online Recording field select Polar WindLink.
3. Plug the Polar WindLink to the computer's USB port. The red light is lit on the stick. If you connect the stick to the computer for the first time Found New Hardware is displayed in the taskbar and the device is installed automatically.
4. Wear Polar WearLink W.I.N.D. transmitter.
5. In the software, select Tools → Online Recording. The Online Recording view opens.
6. Press Start in the Online Recording panel. The heart rate and relaxation curves are drawn in the view. Click Lap Time to add a marker in the curve.
7. To end the recording press Stop and then Close. Select the person whose diary the file will be saved to. The exercise is added to the selected person's Diary data.
Polar WindLink reading range is up to 20 meters/ 65 feet.