Maintenance of your M600
Like any electronic device, the Polar M600 should be kept clean and treated with care. The instructions below will help you fulfill the guarantee obligations, keep the device in peak condition and avoid any issues in charging.
- Separate the wristband from the device after each training session, and rinse them both under running water in order to keep the M600 clean. Wipe them dry with a soft towel.
- Don't charge the device when the charging port is wet or sweaty. Let it dry before plugging in the charging cable.
- Keep the charging port clean. Gently remove any dust, hair or dirt accumulated on the charging pins. Use a dry cleaning cloth-something you'd use to clean glasses. You can also use, for example, a toothbrush to reach all that hard-to-remove dirt in the cavity. Do NOT use alcohol, cleaning chemicals, or any abrasive material, such as steel wool.
- Keep the optical sensor area on the back of the device scratch-free. Scratches and dirt will reduce the performance of the wrist-based heart rate measurement.
- To ensure that the voice commands and display auto brightness work, keep the microphone and the ambient light sensor clean. Do not stick anything through the holes in the wristband in an attempt to clean them. Remove the wristband, and clean the microphone, for example, by vacuuming it with a low suction setting. To clean the light sensor, you can, for example, swipe it gently with a soft cleaning cloth. When the wristband and the device are separated, you can remove any dirt in the holes of the wristband.
- Keep your training device in a cool and dry place. Do not leave it in a damp environment, or store it in non-breathable material. You shouldn't keep your M600 in contact with conductive material. Nor should you expose the device to direct sunlight for extended periods.
- Store the device partially or fully charged. The battery slowly loses its charge when it is stored. If you are going to store the device for several months, it is recommended to recharge it after a few months. This will prolong the battery life.
During the two-year guarantee/warranty period, we recommend that you have service done by an authorized Polar Service Center only. The warranty does not cover damage or consequential damage caused by service not authorized by Polar Electro. For further information, see Limited International Polar Guarantee.
For contact information and all Polar Service Center addresses, visit www.polar.com/support and country-specific websites.