Polar M400 sync does not start in FlowSync. Now what?
If your M400 doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, it could be because the charging area on the back of the product is not clean enough. Gently wipe off any dirt. Don't use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
Do NOT use alcohol, cleaning chemicals, or any abrasive material such as steel wool.
Polar M400 needs to be in the time view when you start syncing.
- Make sure the USB connector is firmly in place.
- Remove and replug the USB cable into your Polar M400.
- If your Polar M400 plugged into your computer via USB Hub, try plugging it in directly to the computer's own USB port.
- Try the other USB port(s).
- Try syncing with another micro-USB cable if you have one.
Close FlowSync from the taskbar notification area by right-clicking/secondary clicking the icon, and then choosing Close. Restart FlowSync from your computer desktop icon/Applications folder.
Keep the USB cable plugged into Polar M400, and the cable plugged into the computer.
You can do a soft reset by pressing and holding the UP, DOWN, BACK and LIGHT buttons simultaneously for five seconds until the Polar animation is shown on the display. After the reset, the M400 automatically goes to time view.
Unplug Polar M400 from the USB cable.
- Go to (Start) > Control Panel > (System) > Device Manager > Human Interface Devices.
- Plug your Polar M400 into the USB cable and the cable into your computer. Does the list update? Your Polar M400 should be shown as HID-compliant device / HID-compliant vendor defined device.
- If your M400 is not shown on the list as HID-compliant device / HID-compliant vendor defined device, you can try and use the Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. Choose Action, and then choose Scan for hardware changes.
Mac OS X
- Click Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB. Plug your Polar M400 into the USB cable and the cable into your computer. Does the list update? Your Polar M400 should be shown on the list.
- If your Polar M400 is not shown on the list and/or the synchronization does not start, please contact local customer care with problem description.
If your Polar M400 is not shown on the list, either Polar M400 or the USB-cable is faulty. Please take them to a Polar service center.