How to use a heart rate sensor with a chest strap with M600 paired with an iPhone
You can pair the Polar app on your M600 with a BLE (Bluetooth low energy) heart rate sensor, like Polar H7, to measure your heart rate during training.
However, the M600 cannot be connected to your iPhone and another BLE device at the same time. So in order for you to connect the heart rate sensor with a chest strap to your smartwatch, you need to disconnect the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the M600 before you start recording your training session.
Follow these instructions to successfully use a heart rate sensor with a chest strap to measure your heart rate during training when your M600 is paired with an iPhone:
- Turn off Bluetooth from your phone.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone’s Home screen to open Control Center.
- Tap the Bluetooth icon to turn Bluetooth off.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Use the switch to turn Bluetooth off.
- Pair a Polar heart rate sensor with a chest strap with the Polar app on your M600. Or if you’ve already paired the devices, wear the heart rate sensor, open the Polar app and find the sport profile you want to use.
- Wear the heart rate sensor.
- Open the Polar app on the M600 by pressing the front button. (You need to exit any other apps first.)
- Tap Training or press the front button to open the list of sport profiles on your M600.
- You'll be prompted to pair your M600 with your heart rate sensor. You'll see your heart rate sensor's device ID, for example, Pair Polar H7 XXXXXXXX.
- Accept the pairing request by tapping the checkmark icon.
- Wait until the sensor finds your heart rate. You’ll see H7 connected on the M600 display and the circle around the heart rate turns blue when the Polar app starts to measure your heart rate from the BLE heart rate sensor rather than from your wrist.
- Start recording your training session by pressing the front button of your M600.
- Stop recording your training session by pressing and holding the front button of your M600.
- Turn Bluetooth back on on your iPhone.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen on your M600 to find the reconnect notification, and tap the reconnect icon at the bottom of the notification. The Bluetooth connection between your phone and M600 will reactivate.
To turn off Bluetooth from iPhone
To pair a Polar heart rate sensor with a chest strap with the Polar app on your M600
⚫ Moisten the electrode areas of the strap.
⚫ Attach the connector to the strap.
⚫ Adjust the strap length to fit tightly but comfortably. Tie the strap around your chest, just below the chest muscles, and attach the hook to the other end of the strap.
⚫ Check that the moist electrode areas are firmly against your skin and that the Polar logo of the connector is in a central and upright position.