How do I perform Fitness test and what is it used for? (Bluetooth HR sensor required)
The Polar Fitness Test is an easy, safe and quick way to estimate your aerobic (cardiovascular) fitness at rest. The result, Polar OwnIndex, is comparable to maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max), which is commonly used to evaluate aerobic fitness. Your long-term training background, heart rate, heart rate variability at rest, gender, age, height, and body weight all influence OwnIndex. The Polar Fitness Test is developed for use by healthy adults.
To perform the Fitness test:
- Wear your Polar Bluetooth heart rate sensor.
- Swipe to Fitness test and tap the icon. Your A360/A370 starts searching for your heart rate. Heart rate found and Lie down and relax is shown on the display and the test starts.
- Lie down, stay relaxed and limit body movements and communication with other people. The bar on your A360/A370's display fills up as the test progresses.
- After the test Test completed is shown and you'll get your test result.
- Press the side button and accept to update your VO2max value, which is shown in Polar Flow web service.
You can interrupt the test in any phase by pressing the side button. Test canceled is displayed.