Having problems syncing OH1 with Flow app?
Make sure location is enabled for Polar Flow app in the phone's application settings. On Android 6 and newer devices, location permission is needed to scan for Bluetooth devices.
If you have several Flow app compatible Polar devices in use, make sure you have chosen OH1 as the active device in the Android Flow app. This way Flow app knows to connect to your watch. In the Flow app, go to Devices and choose OH1, and then return to the main menu.
If you have trouble initiating the sync:
1. Make sure Flow app is running on your mobile device and keep it at the foreground.
2. Remove your OH1 from your mobile device's Bluetooth setting menu.
Note! This step is important, especially with iOS devices since new device pairing can't be done in the Flow app before the earlier connection has been removed from the Bluetooth device list.
3. Turn off Bluetooth from your mobile device.
4. Sign out from the Flow app and uninstall it from your mobile device.
5. Restart your mobile device.
6. Turn Bluetooth back on in your mobile device.
7. Install Flow app again from the App store or from Google Play and sign in with your Flow account.
8. Pair your OH1 with Flow app by pressing the OH1 button until the LED is switched on, and release. OH1 is now on. Flow app automatically prompts you to pair your OH1 with it if it is within Bluetooth range.
9. If possible, try syncing via FlowSync with your computer